Angels of Absolution

xnickbaranx

Well that makes sense.  I was going to say that it looks very retro...   

Yeah, I really came into my own as a painter in the early 2000's when realism was just starting to invade the strong vibrant colors of the 90's. I kind of felt right on the curve of what was going on back then. Now I look at other people's work and feel behind the times. Haha. Oh well. 

You'd have to understand how I paint to understand the level of difficulty of what you're suggesting. I paint my models piecemeal. All of the guns and backpacks, the areas underneath... All fully highlighted. I'm completely OCD about that sort of thing. What you're suggesting in my OCD mind would mean breaking off every gun and backpack, properly cleaning off the glue, carrying out what you suggest (which at this point means that I might as well repaint the piece since it would take as much time) and then regluing (and often times pinning) pieces back in place. For someone who is less OCD, sure, your fix is a quick fix. For me... Its a 3-6 month long process if I don't get bored of it and focus on something else. At that point it would be just as easy to paint all new backpacks and guns and replace them over time.

Not every quick fix works for everyone. Some of us do things in possibly very stupid, but very meticulous and methodical ways that suits our own brains.

Believe me, my army is pretty - but at almost 20 years to get to 2000 points don't you think something is amiss with how I do things? haha. Its not Golden Demon quality and at 20 years for 2000 points... It should be. Haha.

I'm sorry if my comment caused offence; none was intended! ph34r.png

I also paint all my models in parts, even places that nobody'll see when finished - so I understand your position. I too am a slow painter (perhaps unsurprisingly).

Nonetheless, since the body of the guns is black, and only the highlights are blue, it should be possible to paint over just the blue areas with the glaze and not have to disassemble the model to do so. I mean, there is no point in painting the black glaze over black is there?

However, as I mentioned earlier, it was only a suggestion and I happen to like the blue anyway. :)

Excellent work. The blue highlights are not my cup of tea but you have done a great job on it. Nice clean bone with tight highlighting and some really fantastic attention to detail.

Did I say excellent work ;)

• 2 weeks later...

This weekend I worked on this cockpit:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FiQq9OXg36Y/UqUYBSj_VPI/AAAAAAAABOw/ujZ6-5JP5ZM/s320/IMG_1931%5B1%5D.JPG

You can see a couple more pics and the blog post about my deepest thoughts and feelings about my impending Nephilim here:

http://2ndcitywarzone.blogspot.com/2013/12/angels-of-absolution-wardens-ravenwing.html

Archived