ETL - CovertToasters vow

CovertToaster

Getting in last minute again but I've finished my vow. Beware, I've experimented a fair bit with techniques and colours so I've blue tacked the arms on for now as I'm going to take them apart later, repaint parts of them, and change the weapon layout to one more suited to 6th ed.

Initial Photo:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/CovertToaster/DeathwingETL.jpg

For those that missed it this is what they looked like initially.

Here are the unassembled weapons for those that would like to see them:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/CovertToaster/006.jpg

And here is the finished squad lit by my camera flash:

http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j468/CovertToaster/018.jpg

Hey awesome classic metal DW models there and nicely painted. Congrats on the vow completion :). Are you going to do more with the bases at some point? They look the weakest part.

Cheers

I

Congratulations of the vow completion Brother; great job!

I really hope GW will keep good old metal Deathwing Terminators in mind making new Deathwing for the coming Dark Angels update!

Hey awesome classic metal DW models there and nicely painted. Congrats on the vow completion :P. Are you going to do more with the bases at some point? They look the weakest part.

Cheers

I

Yes I'm going to finish the bases off. Gaming stores here in New Zealand don't make alot of money so they can struggle a bit at keeping thier shops full. So I bought this horribly large grit and have used a mortar and pestle to pound it into a finer grade. That actually takes quite a while to do enough for one base and probably an hour to do enough for the whole squad. So at 10.30 pm pacific time last night I just couldn't be bothered contemplating that and finished painting the last of the models and got some pictures posted. I'll put some more photo's up one day so you can see the rest of the details on the weapons like the individual colours used on the cables for the thunder hammers but that will be after I repaint some parts that I don't like.

Thanks for the comments though!

Nic ework, I love the old metal miniatures and also the effect on your Thunderhammers... excellent work and congrats on finishing your vow.

SG

Thanks I tried doing some blending for the first time. I used Mordian Blue, Ultramarines Blue, Enchanted Blue, and Ice Blue and never let the coats fully dry so they would mix into the next coat a little and you don't end up with a defined edge to each layer. I was a bit heavy handed with the Skull White drybrush though.

Archived