Question about bikes, hurricane bolters and assaults...

Lord Scytha

After reading the rules thoroughly once more there is one thing I'm not sure about.

The rules says that if you fire rapid fire weapons in the shooting phase you can't assault with that unit in the assault phase.

Am I right in assuming that means bikers TL bolters and ironclad dreads hurricane bolter too? That is, if they opt to shoot, they're not allowed to charge in the following assault phase?

I'm kind of hoping someone will tell me I'm wrong because that would mean bikers would be the most awesome unit what with combat tactics and hammer of wrath.

Awesome. Must have missed the relentless rule for V-hickles when I skimmed that section.

Still that means bikes is going to be super awesome.

Rapid fire a unit in the shoot phase then assault with hammer of wrath hits, use combat tactics to fall back in the opponents assault phase. Then next turn rinse and repeat.

Awesome. Must have missed the relentless rule for V-hickles when I skimmed that section.

Rapid fire a unit in the shoot phase then assault with hammer of wrath hits, use combat tactics to fall back in the opponents assault phase. Then next turn rinse and repeat.

Depends on the victim unit, really. If it's a unit you can reliably damage with a single HoW and two basic attacks per biker, go for it. But if it's a tougher unit, or one with a good number of power weapons, charging is typically a poor plan for Bikers.

Also, in order to use Combat Tactics to leave the combat after the opponent's Assault phase, you have to lose the combat for that round, which means you're taking casualties. It's not a "Get Out of Jail Free" card! Don't forget that it also requires an Initiative roll-off with the opposing unit to see if you actually get away.

Depends on the victim unit, really. If it's a unit you can reliably damage with a single HoW and two basic attacks per biker, go for it. But if it's a tougher unit, or one with a good number of power weapons, charging is typically a poor plan for Bikers.

Also, in order to use Combat Tactics to leave the combat after the opponent's Assault phase, you have to lose the combat for that round, which means you're taking casualties. It's not a "Get Out of Jail Free" card! Don't forget that it also requires an Initiative roll-off with the opposing unit to see if you actually get away.

Still, Gretching mobs won't stand a chance... :)

Still, Gretching mobs won't stand a chance... :blink:

Do they ever?

Archived