Death Company as Wulfen

WyrdWolf

alright, so i've heard some mention of death company being used as wulfen in several counts as 13th company armies, and as i'm currently modling my newly inherited chaos models i thought that it might benefit me to know what the hell the death company do, because i honestly don't know anything about them. Could you guys give me the run down on their abilities and such? are they a troop choice? elites? etc. I've never played against them and am about 100 miles from the nearest game shop at the moment, thanks in advance guys!

They are Marines with WS5 and 2 Attacks base, they have Fearless, Rage, Furious Charge, Relentless and Feel No Pain. They are Troops but can never score, which makes them good for allies as they count as the mandatory troops choice. When coupled with a Blood Angels Chaplain or Reclusiarch they get their own version of Litanies of Hate where they re-roll both to hit AND to wound rolls on the turn they charge.

They are very good.

Any or All of them can take a Power Weapon, Fist, or Thunder Hammer for extra pts. They can take Pods, Rhinos or Land Raiders as Dedicated trans. Or they can be given jump packs at even more extra points per model.

They are very expensive. Very good (worth the points), but very expensive. Points-wise, they can be in the realm of Terminator-cost status if Jump Packing. They are better at killing light and medium infantry than Assault Terminators (generally). They are slightly less efficient at handling MCs and opposing Terminators than your own Hammernators.

I'd have to say they are good at killing anything, including assault termi's. a unit of ten assaulting with a chappy, will do 50 attacks hitting on three with re rolls wounding on three's with rerolls. also 10 bolt pistol shots. so about 40 wounds on the charge.. +. that will kill a unit of termies good and proper:P

My biggest complaint is that they are just too good at killing things... I run 7 with JP's, PF, 2 Axes & Lemartes.

The number of times I have over killed my target only to get shot to bits while standing in the open the next turn...

So from ehat you guys have told me i think a bunch of wulfen models would work very well with that set of rules, and if i stick them with my own wolf priest i can outflank with them. it loks like i might have to go buy a blood angels codex thank you for all the help guys

So from ehat you guys have told me i think a bunch of wulfen models would work very well with that set of rules, and if i stick them with my own wolf priest i can outflank with them. it loks like i might have to go buy a blood angels codex thank you for all the help guys

really? up to 30? I like the sound of that!

You dont need 30 thats too many

9 are plenty with an HQ libby

Librarian: Force Axe, Divination powers, combi-melta: 110

9x Death Company: 2x Powerfists, bolters, drop pod: 265

Mayhem in a pod probably one of the best value backline disruptors you run in 6th. Take prescience for re-rolls on shooting and combat if you get

Foreboding (counter attack and overwatch at full BS),Forewarning ( 4++ Invun on DC), Misfortune or even Precognition you are gold.

Archived