Master of the ETL 2012: Dominus Lux et Fidei

The Shadow Guard

I want to publicly acknowledge the herculean task taken on by the Captain Semper, whose enthusiasm, drive and energy revitalized this forum not too long ago with the LPC 2012 which we won. The ETL has been a roller coaster of nergy, emotion, disappointment and awe and I must say i personally feel absolutely overwhelmed by the level of participation and support not only from this forum but across all others.

Suffice to say it would not have been conceived nor executed so flawlessly if not for the efforts of a certain Domus Lux et Fide!

Three cheers to cap Semper!

Three cheers to all those who participated.

Three cheers to everyone else who joined in the ride.

... and one must now ask ... what next?

SG

I want to publicly acknowledge the herculean task taken on by the Captain Semper, whose enthusiasm, drive and energy revitalized this forum not too long ago with the LPC 2012 which we won. The ETL has been a roller coaster of nergy, emotion, disappointment and awe and I must say i personally feel absolutely overwhelmed by the level of participation and support not only from this forum but across all others.

Suffice to say it would not have been conceived nor executed so flawlessly if not for the efforts of a certain Domus Lux et Fide!

Three cheers to cap Semper!

Three cheers to all those who participated.

Three cheers to everyone else who joined in the ride.

... and one must now ask ... what next?

SG

Well, you have nine Chairs, have a party :D Better invite Capt. Semper, he's done a cracking job on this one. KUDOS CS>

Let's focus on getting some new Dex and FW goodies painted, the next few months will be EPIC!!!!

I am wondering if next years LPC will borrow on the ideas presented here. It would make for an interesting change in the years to come.

But yes three Huzzah's! are on order and should we ever meet in person, a case of beverage of Capt. Semper's choice.

This has been a hellofaride and I enjoyed it very muchly. The captain did an excellent job of keeping it going and keeping everyone enthused about it. Next one will have to be another army for me tho, cause now almost all of my DA are painted. Thanks Semper.

By some of our early analysis, you guys blew out the puppies, so well done on that.

However, I know that we Templars are extremely grateful for all the efforts your Captain poured into this contest. As far as I am concerned, it is the finest contest ever run on the BnC and you should be rightfully proud of it's success.

I salute you.

P.S. We'll still never forgive you for the Ophidium Gulf

TTFN

Congratulations to Brother Cpt. Semper: thanks for the effort all these weeks and keeping us in the rush.

I'm not gonna spoil any final data (that's his moment) but I couldn't resist doing 1 number:

1st placed: 36k

2nd placed: 24k

3rd placed: 13k

If I did it right, the first placed did almost as many points as 2nd and 3rd combined! Insane! People with 10 (ten!!) completed vows...what do you guys do, paint and eat...nothing else?

Its been a fun ride :lol:

Captain Semper, Master of Recruits again showed great feats of leadership and zeal; as well as creativity!

This challenge must have been, ahem to say the least, well challenging to organise and run.

And whatever the score Unforgiven achieve in this epic challenge; successful challenge itself is a victory alone!

Thank You Captain Semper; thank You Brothers of the Unforgiven; and thank all participants, be it fellow Astartes, pious Inquisitor, or tracherous Heretic!

We are the First!

:lol:

Huge thanks to Captain Semper from me; it's been huge motivation to get more bare plastic painted. Between the LPC and the ETL, my painting has improved dramtically in just 6 months.

I can't imagine the time and effort it has taken the Master of Recruits to organise and smooth this event. Captain; I hope you take great pleasure in the huge success that this has been.

Yes, well done Cap (once again proving why you were elevated to the Inner Circle)! ^_^

As SG said, we should also recognise the effort and commitment put in by members of the Board, without whom no competition can succeed. It's been really pleasing to see the miniatures that have been produced and the enjoyment of the various Board members.

Thanks also to the B&C Admins for letting us run the competition and the other Board mods for providing us with useful feedback when the competition was first mooted.

[Raises glass]

Your good health!

Semper, because of this comp I painted more models in the past month and a half than in the three months previous. I tried new techniques and discovered some new tricks during the competition. So not only did I have a great bit of fun painting in the comp, I became a better painter and added a significant chunk to my army.

Thanks for your incredible drive, frater! You are directly responsible for a staggering amount of painted minis.

Captain Semper has done a unbelievable job. The amount of effort he must have put in keeping up to date with each forum, motivating, offering tips and advice, while still finding the time to have a good laugh should never be forgotten.

Thanks captain for a great challenge.

He aint half bad for a Dark Angel

Even though I didn't get to fully complete my vow, I also want to give some cheers to Captain Semper! This was an superbly set up and managed "contest" and got a fantastic amount of minis painted! I think this provided some great motivation to all involved and the Captain (with Inner Circle support, I understand) was directly responsible for this.

Three cheers! [Raises Glass]

Congrats Captain Semper!

I'll add my thanks too. The public display aspect has made me put a little more effort into my painting than I had previously and it's been a much more rewarding experience as a result.

Great work, Captain S!

Hail!

I will add my voice to the round of applause, which is so justly deserved by Captain Semper! Great, great effort at keeping track of everything; fantastic enthusiasm - a truly sterling achievement!

The ETL managed to get me to paint my Sammael on Jetbike, which I have had lying around for the past 4 years or so...well done!

Best

Master Ciaphas

Thanks to Captain Semper now we've got a whole bunch of nicely painted armies and miniatures. His enthusiasm drove many board members to their brushes and helped them to achieve some great results. I know that even some non-Marine players after just watching a bit after ETL begun to paint their minis too - such was the encouraging effect of this contest.

Those who completed all their vows now have a erinforcement to their armies. Those, who don't manage to do this have made the most hard thing in all the process - they've started it. I have no doubts that most of the people, who commited their vows, will complete them no matter what. And so will be the goal of the contest complete.

I've personally have now a completed vow and 2 primed Deathwing squads (that should've been my second vow). And, you know, once you have started, you can't stop painting just like that.

Huge thanks to all the participants from all the forums!

And once again, hail to Captain Semper!!!

P.S. Or maybe should we promote him to Chaplain? :)

Thanks to Captain Semper now we've got a whole bunch of nicely painted armies and miniatures. His enthusiasm drove many board members to their brushes and helped them to achieve some great results. I know that even some non-Marine players after just watching a bit after ETL begun to paint their minis too - such was the encouraging effect of this contest.

Those who completed all their vows now have a erinforcement to their armies. Those, who don't manage to do this have made the most hard thing in all the process - they've started it. I have no doubts that most of the people, who commited their vows, will complete them no matter what. And so will be the goal of the contest complete.

I've personally have now a completed vow and 2 primed Deathwing squads (that should've been my second vow). And, you know, once you have started, you can't stop painting just like that.

P.S. Or maybe should we promote him to Chaplain? ;)

EW EW I second that. CHAPLAIN SEMPER!!!

P.S. Or maybe should we promote him to Chaplain? ;)

EW EW I second that. CHAPLAIN SEMPER!!!

As the Templar dubbed 'Reclusiarch of the E Tenebrae Lux Crusade' here, I third that nomination ;)

Indeed, my utmost respect goes to Captain Semper for all his hard work and dedication in keeping track of this and going above and beyond as usual. Although I didn't really contribute much overall6 i've been keeping track of other vows when i've been able to and some of the completed work people have turned in is staggering. So yes, big thanks and at least i've got one mini nearer to completion. Now the big question is... how do you top this?

Many have already said much of what needs to be said, however I'd like to add my two pence worth.

Firstly an absolutely massive thanks to Semper for everything he has done to make this competition work.

In particular I was amazed by the personal posts, encouragement and praise dished out - Personally I think that played a large part in many peoples determination to finish (I certainly know it affected me).

As a very slow painter who usually procrastinates about painting for ages, this competition was a great inspiration and I have gone from having a single Tactical Squad to almost a usable army!

Once again, thank you very much Cpt Semper!

I for one will have to make the observation that if it was not for this competition I would probably still have my now completed Ravenwing force still collecting dust in their boxes.

I'll also comment that it was instrumental in the last 12 hours of the contest to force me into building the Sammi on Jet-bike. Oh I dreaded doing that model for about 5 years now.

Thanks Captain Semper

Archived