Starter Set Leaked

Master Sheol

Hello everybody...

I am italian and in a italian blog about 40k i found first previews of the starter box minis...

There is two images of DA too... A awesome master with winged helmet and a great librarian with hood...

Take a look...

master

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-P9gma8n_uoE/UC3myZ0B2VI/AAAAAAAABOw/9pYhXWyNogc/s200/DACompMast.png

librarian

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lr6NmxK1dwE/UC3mwkhZjBI/AAAAAAAABOo/s9CiIKYNl2A/s1600/DALibrarian.png

The models from Black reach disappear compared to this ones...

There is some chatic models too at this link...

http://adeptusdorica.blogspot.it/2012/08/s...40k-models.html

gallery_2_3711_36147.jpg

gallery_2_3711_64720.jpg

EDIT: Added additional pics of the models. -- Kurgan

To be honest I am not totally blown away by these miniatures. I hoped for more dynamic pose for company master and now he reminds me of that of Ezekiel.

as for Librarian it seems that he lost his neck somewhere - i know his head is pointed downwards but still look strange to me.

In contrary the Chaos marines on leaked pictures are far better IMO. I will wait for official pictures - maybe they look better.

as for Librarian it seems that he lost his neck somewhere - i know his head is pointed downwards but still look strange to me.

Perhaps their a gorget? It is hard to see.

Not to be pessimistic, but the Master actually looks digitally rendered to me. Especially the background. But maybe it's just a print behind it or something. It just doesn't look quite right. Perhaps it's from the cover something when they super impose them onto terrain.

Anyone else see what I see? Are those giant wizardy sleeves on that master's robe?

And that's another part that looks hazy and perhaps photoshopped - his right sleeve...

Wait, since when do robed marines have sleeves?

I said this on the News-Rumors board about the images:

I'm not too terribly excited by the DA models shown, the librarian is nice but seems a little off, body-wise, and the Company Master, while nice is really just more of the same. Hopefully the large chapter symbol isn't actually sculpted on the robe/tabard. The Chaos stuff looks awesome, IMO, and gives me a lot of hope for the Terminators included in the starter set.

As to them being too detailed for snap together plastic: as I recall, Space Hulk's Terminators were mostly solid plastic molds

with only a couple of single attachment point sections (heads, arms) with no real posability and look how detailed they are.

I think the sleeves on the Marines looks a little silly. We don't need stinkin' big voluminous sleeves.

A good point, you can make high dynamic and detail poses and people wouldn't worry about customizing as much. However, and I have no idea of the answer, but to sculpt 5 unique models as opposed to 3 very vanilla looking ones and reusing 2 sculpts seems like it's the cheaper route. Then again, we are playing at least $100 for this box of plastic toys.

I certainly hope the Deathwing are awesome. I like the Librarian - I mean, he's only a basic Librarian no need for him to be too over the top. The physic hood fitting over his actual hood is a nice touch.

Looking good. Now if only they would confirm a release day so I can book the day off work. <_<

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=259126

It's something.

Now why would you need to get off work? Will we not be able to order these online? One of the models is noted as being limited edition - will they stop putting him in the box set at a certain point and just add something generic? Or is it just limited because you can only get him in the set?

I really like these models! <_<

I'm so digging my DAs out of the woodwork when I get my hands on these new models. I think both the Company Master and the Librarian look awesome. Can't wait to see the Interrogator-Chaplain.

I don't think that is a Libriarian. He is Green. If he was a DA Libby, then he would be blue, with DA Green Shoulder pads if I am not mistaken. It's hard to tell. Is he blue or green? Please correct me if I had made any mistakes please.

Relearning everything all over again.

*edit* On a bigger pick I see the blue now. Thought it was green at first on the smaller pic.

Here's the Chaplain.

Snagged link on Dakka.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d5cde0bf-884f-458c.jpg

Thought it was Chaos at first. Not sure if I like the flame chimneys. It reminds me of what Witch Hunters should have been like. Just guess I will have to get use to it.

Now I wonder when will the moaning and crying start that there is DA iconorgraphy on the minis.

Wow, I really like the chaplain model. I'd need to see the master in the flesh to pass judgement, but so far these all look really good. I'll definitely be getting a set. :whistling:

Archived