Starter Set Leaked

Master Sheol

ICs and the *Wings redeem the ~boring tacticals. Although they are indeed an improvement over the AoBR tac squad. At least minis from normal tac squads + DA bits won't look out of place next to those. CSM players will need to upgrade their chosen!

The Deathwing kicks ass and I like the new elegant Ravenwing along with Baltasar.

If this is our new model style - even more can't wait for the codex and whole model range release.

I like the Ltd edition Chaplain and even the Librarian who look dynamic enough with lots of details. The marines are also reasonabley posed. Unfortunately I am not in favour of commanders standing still, or troops waving their weapons and exposing their bodies in a primal manner. The Master is pretty boring in his pose.... The Ravenwing and Deathwing models are all nicely psoed except for the Assault Cannon DW whose again waving his AC to the right while looking straight ahead... perhaps swatting an annoying fly? :P

All in all brilliant stuff... love it..can't wait...

Then I came across this on the Apocalypse 40K Site... So is August 25 the new D-DAY or should it be G-DAY? :P

Happy times are ahead....

SG

My understanding of the White Dwarf and a quote I saw on warseer is that the chaplain is only in the first X number (probably one print run?) of the box set. Then the box set will be sold without him. Nothing else changes (and the price remains the same) so it's an incentive to buy it asap when it is released, probably hoping to make people a bit impulsive instead of thinking it over.

Edit: @The Shadow Guard: 25th is the day it is up for pre-orders, release day of the box is sept. 1st. GW has made a habit of announcing their annoncement of something, which is what they are doing here: Announcing today that they will annonce the box set on the 25th.

My understanding of the White Dwarf and a quote I saw on warseer is that the chaplain is only in the first X number (probably one print run?) of the box set. Then the box set will be sold without him. Nothing else changes (and the price remains the same) so it's an incentive to buy it asap when it is released, probably hoping to make people a bit impulsive instead of thinking it over.

Gotcha, so if I was to get in on the preorder, I'd probably be safe?

I would think so, but if they sell more pre-orders than the number of chaplains they have, maybe not. One way or another, don't take my word for anything but my (hopefully sensible) interpretation of information relayed by others and White Dwarf :P

I've suffered under the blades of reason once already (quick glance at Captain Semper), I don't want to again!

Something conclusive; and the cards are laid upon the table.

- Astonishing sculptures in general, in terms of "advancing things"; I can't wait how people might start converting them. It'll take a little while for me to get used to the Deathwing Sergeant's "wings", but I understand its symbolical homage to the Lion Helm.

- I get the feeling this might be related to the "Internet pre-order from GW", as GW didn't bring out their "Limited Edition 6th edition Rulebooks" to non-GW retailers(and you needed to pretty-much order them VIA internet, and fast); I'm preparing that they might have the Limited Edition only up available on pre-order, and at their Internet store(gazes at his Debit/Credit card and sighs).

I do hope the previous signs we have been getting, that the New Codex isn't far off from coming either. I still expect a lot of things from the Heavenfall Blades...

I'm loving the stylised RW, not so sure about the DW.

Most of the models are cool but I don't really want them...trade me.

This set is going to cost me around $200+ just so I can get an Interrogator and three bikers, damn, I just brought a new tablet on the credit card. ouch.

s

I like them mostly. They look like nice sculpts and it'll expand my army with some units I will definitely use. As to the Heavenfall Blades, did anyone else notice the reference to a Heavenfall massacre in the BGB?

You know what the release of the first new Dark Angel models in nearly a decade heralds? Painting contest! :P

I'm very pleased that they've retained the Ravenwing design elements, and improved them with sharper detail and more individuality. They really won't look out of place alongside all those Ravenwing we saw in the ETL.

I think the design of those Deathwing models is perfect (even if the posing is a bit off, mr assault cannon). They've got the right mix of feathers, Dark Angel icons and purity seals, with studs that remind me of Mk V power armour. Best of all the swords are back. :)

Variant armour styles: check

Visual references to old models: check

Dynamic poses: check

Gothic bling: check

*Has heart attack*

Anyone else see what I see? Are those giant wizardy sleeves on that master's robe?

And that's another part that looks hazy and perhaps photoshopped - his right sleeve...

Wait, since when do robed marines have sleeves?

I think there are no sleeves, i think its a cape hanging down form the masters shoulderpads. The colours and the pictures are fairly dark so i might be wrong. The background looks like the texture of GW Battle board. The wings look odd.. as of they were made of paper and glued to the model. Its most likely all due to the bad picture.

At least on the 2. picutres it looks like this.

Anyone else see what I see? Are those giant wizardy sleeves on that master's robe?

And that's another part that looks hazy and perhaps photoshopped - his right sleeve...

Wait, since when do robed marines have sleeves?

I think there are no sleeves, i think its a cape hanging down from the masters shoulderpads.

It's definitely a cape on the master as you can see it appears from behind his helm it just doesn't go all the way to the ground. Seems almost priestly, you know, they have that top bit that's over top the rest of the robes.

I'm assuming the appearance of the Helbrute signifies that the starter set and the new Chaos codex will be released together as I've never come across any reference to one in the current environment.

In defense:

Looking at the Assault Cannon Terminator, who has a skull hanging from his weapon, looking at the detail as if being "defiantly confident" in his battle-armor, and the superstitious, yet working herald which renders them fearless in front of any enemy, where other Terminators of even the 666th Founding would be running away to Titan without Lysander.

(no offence to Grey Knight players, I prefer my Terminators to hold the line on their own, as every single one of Deathwing is an exceptional person/warrior: No need for Lysander)

Or having that shoulder plate protecting the more vulnerable parts of the armour, on the Chainfist Terminator?

- Frankly after wielding around 15 years of Metallic Deathwing Terminators from the 2nd edition era, converting them to be compatible with the present "larger base", making them look more dynamic in order to not look so "alone on a large base"? I welcome all of these with open arms... Remotely brings to mind the "new Space Hulk" Blood Angels terminators.

The new models are plastic, so they can be worked on up to an extent, and beyond if need be(depending on your skill). But playing with glue/greenstuff/drill/paper clips/paint on 30 metallic Deathwing Terminators?

- I merely hope that they'll release the new sculpts on Dark Angels as well at some point(soon, at the time of codex), otherwise i'll be buying more than a few boxes in order to get new friends to the Deathwing Assault.

- Might be considering on converting the Master, but it'll depend on how the sculpt is forged; as the marines in AoBR and "Isle of Blood" in WH was something that was better left alone.

The pose of the assault cannon guy can indeed be justified and I'd say that repositioning the arm and repositioning the head (removing this one and putting another terminator head in its stead) you may get something more aggressive if you are so inclined.

Re: AoBR marines being best left alone

From filing the shoulders, to removing heads so the marines look sideways (especially the sergeant) and especially converting the captain, there was a lot of potential in AoBR. These models are more complex though, so it may well be more complicated.

I am excited, lots of quality stuff there for me to start my DA successor (idea for which is to be pitched to you guys soon) and the Word Bearer/Red Corsairs warband I was thinking of. Very good! (and a mini rulebook to booth! :))

Archived