Starter Set Leaked

Master Sheol

That particular squad set up is one of the most universal, so seeing as they will try to market this starter to the widest audience possible, they'd want to include as much in the starter that can be used as widely as possible.

:)

Oops, I forgot about that with my Wolves and interest in the DA lol Models must've driven me mad, time for some medication.

ooooh I so can't wait, I play the First and the Last. To see both of my armies get back something they've lost in previous editions PLUS beautiful new models is just a simple joygasm lol.

Hmmmm now that my 3rd company is finished... oh I wonder how long it'd take to have a company of deathwing...

Good luck Archangel. I'm good on my end. Funny tho, I have a DE army and until 6th was my main. But with the new rules, my DA and necrons moved into that position.

As for the new models, I haven't had regular DA in forever, just DW and RW, but now I am excited about them. Tac squads, hmmm?! Since I haven't had them I think that is why I'm so into the new models.

I can't wait to get my starter. I also love that there are surplices on some of the models. Will make it a bit easier with doing Pre/Heresy style DA. Also I have always kinda disliked the whole robe thing. There are a few models where it's not so bad but too many of them have waaaaay to much robe going on and now the starter Captain has the cake portion of that and the cape being held aloft on the arms makes it even worse. I am sure there will be something I can do to remedy that but still I love they are giving DA some surplices!

Now that i've just about calmed down enough to cast an impartial eye over the models, i still love almost all of them and can not wait to get my grubby hands on them. That said, i'm not a massive fan of the tac sergeant or the chaplain. They are nice enough models but they don't quite fit in with DA aesthetic to me. Angel bling is one thing but if the model underneath doesn't look right then it doesn't work IMO. Mind, i'm working up some nifty conversion ideas to get around these issues which will be fun. It's nice of GW to leave me a little bit of extra work to do :cuss

I'm so very glad i've always been 100% DA, i really am quite joyful right now.

Al

I'm looking forward to the new models, but part of me is dying a little inside.. I've been painting a complete Ravenwing company as a project and I feel like I'll need to restart from scratch as I just don't see the new bikes mixing well with the old bikes.. either that or I buy up all the Ravenwing box sets I can find.. anyone else in a similar place?

One thing puzzles me. According to that Chinese leak with DA and Chaos stats(which seems to be confirmed legit with that picture of 5th WD page). Our Ravenwing guys will all have 2attacks base, because they are all vets I assume. So if it confirms and before new codex, can we take that leaflet as a FAQ to our current codex or its going to be legal only in that Dark Revenge setup?

One thing puzzles me. According to that Chinese leak with DA and Chaos stats(which seems to be confirmed legit with that picture of 5th WD page). Our Ravenwing guys will all have 2attacks base, because they are all vets I assume. So if it confirms and before new codex, can we take that leaflet as a FAQ to our current codex or its going to be legal only in that Dark Revenge setup?

Chances are it'll only be a Dark Vengeance thing for the moment. However, with the rumoured massive FAQ drop for September and a new codex somewhere in the enar future, i don't think we'll be waiting long for 2A Ravenwing in our official rule set.

Al

I going to use the new bikes for characters and for the command squad, a bit flasher is appropriate for those units. Leave the old versions for regular squads.

2c

stobz

I'm going to replace the back poles with 'std' ones and use them as sergeant bikes.

With the box set I'll have 3 squads of three so works out well.

DM

Very nice HQs for the Dark Angels. The Master IS a little bit too cape-y for my tastes--and I hope that isn't any portent of the future--but I like his pose and I love the librarian and chaplain. The chaplain is detail for detail almost identical to the chaplain on the cover of our current codex, except the arms are swapped. Pretty cool... I will be gunning for a limited edition set for sure.

The tacticals, Deathwing, and Ravenwing are a little blah, unfortunately, but not because they don't look good, just because they're not really anything new. We've seen it all before. However, I'm rather apprehensive that they'll do something silly for our next dex akin to the Sanguinary Guard With Nipples, so I suppose conservative doesn't bother me all that much.

Most of the Chaos stuff is great, except I'm not wild about the Lord or the lightning claw Chosen.

As an addendum to my previous post some way back:

- all criticism is valid as from it hopefully comes future improvement (and of course for those who buy the set they are paying for these things after all) - but at the end of the day let's be thankful for some new DA models :)

[Just in case my previous post came across a bit negative :yes:]

I'm looking forward to the new models, but part of me is dying a little inside.. I've been painting a complete Ravenwing company as a project and I feel like I'll need to restart from scratch as I just don't see the new bikes mixing well with the old bikes.. either that or I buy up all the Ravenwing box sets I can find.. anyone else in a similar place?

I'm unsure why people see this as a problem. Already you get variations in power armor decorations, helmets, and there's even different dread models and older versions/patterns of vehicles like Rhinos as well... so is it so inconceivable to use a different "pattern" of a bike?

I'm unsure why people see this as a problem. Already you get variations in power armor decorations, helmets, and there's even different dread models and older versions/patterns of vehicles like Rhinos as well... so is it so inconceivable to use a different "pattern" of a bike?

Not at all, for me. I see it as a breath of fresh air, personally. I like the older bikes, but I'm very happy to see something new, especially with the "beak" protrusion on the front fender and the cool new fairings. As people have said, use them for HQ bikes or a special squad or something, but even multiple "Marks" of bike within the same squad should be acceptable, just like they are for power armor in a squad.

Assault Cannon DW whose again waving his AC to the right while looking straight ahead... perhaps swatting an annoying fly?

Obviously a sign that the DW have sky fire :P

Ooooh...a skyfire-capable assault cannon would be AWESOME!!!!! And if you're going to give that to anyone, definitely DW!!!

Hmmmm now that my 3rd company is finished... oh I wonder how long it'd take to have a company of deathwing...

My Demi company took two years... But there are faster methods than the one I chose.

Tell me about it! 12 years (and five other armies) down the road, and I'm still short one tactical, one assault squad, and one dev squad... I guess I know where that tactical squad is coming from....

Archived