Mephistion, DC Tycho, and The Sanguinor

Marik

Didn't want to hijack another thread so I thought I would post the question here.

Can Mephistion, DC Tycho, and The Sanguinor issue challenges and be challenged? I.E. Are they Characters?

Argument against: them they don't posses the Character or Independent Character Trait and the BRB hasn't appeared to given them the trait and the FAQ still has them listed as Single Model Units in their own right which further suggest they are not characters.

Argument for: Unique seems to only be mentioned in regards to special characters in the BRB suggesting that by being unique they are characters. Also you must nominate one HQ choice character for warlord status, if these people are not characters than that would imply that a list containing only them as HQ selections would be impossible as it would violate The Warlord rules suggesting they must be characters.

everyone's thoughts? Mine is that they are not but upon reading of the Warlord rule I am inclined to say that they actually may fall under the character rules?

Or am I just being stupid and missing something simple and obvious?

Haven't got my BYB with me but isn't Mephiston referred to specifically as a character in the 'Characters' section? Something along the lines of "some characters such as Mephiston are so badass that they don't need friends"

Might be a good place to start looking...

Archived