Aegis Defense Lines Question

Krathman

Im thinking about including some Aegis Defense Lines with a quad gun in my 1850 tourney wolves list. Just wondering if this is worthwhile or not, at present I have 3 LF packs all with 5 MLs each as well as a rune priest with prescience. Would the quad-gun's sky fire really be that useful in a list like that or am I better off spending the points elsewhere? As stated this is a tournament list so expecting flyers to be everywhere.

Yes, but remember you can only have one Aegis.

The nice thing about the Aegis is that it gets to fire once at anything arriving from Reserve as it arrives, so you can potentially shoot down every enemy flier before it even gets to move.

Yes, but remember you can only have one Aegis.

The nice thing about the Aegis is that it gets to fire once at anything arriving from Reserve as it arrives, so you can potentially shoot down every enemy flier before it even gets to move.

It gets to shoot at one unit arriving from Reserves each turn, not once at every unit arrived from Reserves, so if the enemy has two flyers and they come in at the same time (not impossible, given the changes to Reserve rolls), only one will get shot at and then you can't shoot the quad gun at all during the following Shooting Phase, so that other flyer will have a full turn to go to town before you have another opportunity to use a Skyfire weapon on it.

The aegis line combines a 4+ cover with a better than normal go to ground modifier, along with a sky fire weapon. Given how many models you could get behind it, I'd say it's a good deal.

Well with Prefect Timing you can get rid of any Jink saves that the flier might try and take. Also applies to the quad gun if it is being fired by someone even in the opponents turn if it was cast the turn before. For example

Turn 2 Me - I cast perfect timing on Brother Corbulo and his tactical squad. So they open fire with bolters and quad gun onto a psyker battle squad in ruins and kill majority of them.

Turn 2 Opponent - He rolls and gets a Valykrie into play. I open fire and hit 4 times with a 2+ skyfire shot. I ask if he wants to jink he said yes. I then rolled for armor penetration and got three 6s and he was going to roll the jink save, but Brother Corbulo still ignores cover which in turn ignores jink. Then if the valkyrie would have lived he would still be firing on 6s cause he declared jink regardless if I ignored it. Kinda cheesey but still funny.

Although not relevant to your wolves army, a sniper scout squad with Telion (with maybe a MOTF with beamer or TM with a couple of plasma servitors, in larger points games) is a pretty handy team to stick inside it ;)

Not only because of Skyfire, but also because if the enemy army doesn't have fliers, you can use the Icarus and Telion's Eye of Vengeance rule to snipe specific models out of enemy units, causing Instant Death to anything T4 or less.

Im thinking about including some Aegis Defense Lines with a quad gun in my 1850 tourney wolves list. Just wondering if this is worthwhile or not, at present I have 3 LF packs all with 5 MLs each as well as a rune priest with prescience. Would the quad-gun's sky fire really be that useful in a list like that or am I better off spending the points elsewhere? As stated this is a tournament list so expecting flyers to be everywhere.

Do you have a Runepriest? Running them with divination makes for some nasty long fangs shooting, and if you roll the perfect timing power you can deny the flyers their evade cover saves!

Archived