DIY Conversion

I have been running a Salamanders off-shoot chapter but I have recently decided to run a BA army. (It's not a stretch colors of my army are very similar to BA) The thing is I have a lot of old armor (mainly a predator) that I would like to convert to a Baal Predator. On my budget buying a new Baal Predator is out of the question so I was hoping someone would tell me a good sculpting putty or acrylic substance that would work best for modeling the flamestorm cannon to mount on the my old Predator. Not only that but I picked up a seond squad of terminators from the The Assault on Black Reach set and I want to convert them to assault terminators. (I know I can buy bitz, but I kind of want to convert them myself to give them a more unique touch.

Let me know what your suggestions are. (preferably cheap and commonly found but if I must order it from the internet then so be it.)

Thanks!

Brown Stuff & Procreate come to mind as they are better for hard edges as you would find on weaponry.

But you could probably get away with Green Stuff, if you worked it very carefully :lol:

For the assault termies don't forget that you can arm them with virtually any hitty/stabby implement you care to think of just so long as your opponent knows what's what.

As in:

"The terminators with two knives have lightning claws and the maces are thunder hammers."

Quite a common sight for BT termies, for example, is to use a really big sword and pair it with a storm shield for a Hammernator counts-as.

Google "Kneadatite"

It will show you several places (including Amazon) where you can buy the green stuff and brown stuff.

Your local hobby/craft/artist supply store will almost certainly have at least the green stuff available.

The big cylindrical tube is the best bargain if you are going to do many projects or one big project.

Archived