Mephiston

Gumo9

Just had a great team game at my local GW store. Blood Angels, Dark Angels and Tau against Dark Eldar and Chaos Demons.

I used Mephiston for the first time in 6th Edition and I was amazed ! He is no longer "the Lord of Death"' I shall now refer to him as "the Laxative" as he goes through everthing.

Turn one he killed Skulltaker (on chariot), then went on to wipe out two units of Bloodletters. He ended the game having only lost one wound.

I'm very impressed. Oh, and Death Company were amazing too - no losses

G

I had a nice game today albeit Mephy was worse unit of the game, was manage to make one shot of his plasma pistol when I drop podded him in enemy side... but with Iron Arm biomancy getting him S9 and toughness 9 (yayy for 5 and 6 ) he cleared entire enemy table side when my advosary panicked of s9 and t 9 mephy closing he charged everything against my main forces and kinda forgggot that s9 and t9 was there fore only for that turn)... and two his Stomr Talon tried to kill single Mephy for 2 turns till he quit zoomed in to combat and... lost them both.

So my Mephy wasn't a killing machine but he was great psychological devastation... and the fact my humble jump pack marines got assaulted my Marneus Calgar and his honour guard. After all combats and duels, I lost jump pack unit but he had lost all but 1 honour guard and calgar had 2 wounds. My humble sargeant with powerfist and combat shield was able to make 6++ save against honour guard champion in challenge but he ended up dying in calgars hands but gave two power fist slams and wounds to calgar before taking his terminal breath (damn eternal warrior).

Sometimes great surprises come on humble packages. But I say Aegis defence Line and Quad gun is great equalizor when enemy has flyers around.

How did you drop pod Mephiston? Drop pods are dedicated transports, so no unit can be in it at the start of the game other than the unit that bought it.

House rules for the game. Game set was to have over 200P Named IC character drop podded. I only had Mephiston that fit scennario and my Ultramarines opponent said just drop pod him. It was frinedly game and I won't buy stormraven just for Mephiston. But point was, Mephy is so known he basicly psychological threat just being on table.

Step 1: Give Mephiston Biomancy

Step 2: T9

Step 3: LOLOLO YOU CAN'T HURT ME

This is seriously :cussed up, even lascannons need a 4 to wound, and then you still have two additional powers to make him even more awesome :D

why in first turn he evacuated everything on his table top when my mephy was there... and first turn he was s9 and t 9 monster. Everything blue went flatout or ran away. too bad his vidicator moved flatout or I could have used fleet and gain beautiful s9 mephy on vindy's rear armour with s9 ap3 weapon... but I think Iron arm if you roll it for Mephy makes him truely a beast like he would have not been before. With Biomancy you can make Lord of Death and Cheese into God of Death, destruction and triple cheese. Thus making Mephy one of the most psychologically most effective fear factor what Blood Angels can have... that or running three fast vindicators... Or hammernators with Terminator Sanguine Priest or 20+ of Death Company. Its Good to be Son of Sanguinius now.

How did you drop pod Mephiston? Drop pods are dedicated transports, so no unit can be in it at the start of the game other than the unit that bought it.

House rules for the game. Game set was to have over 200P Named IC character drop podded. I only had Mephiston that fit scennario and my Ultramarines opponent said just drop pod him. It was frinedly game and I won't buy stormraven just for Mephiston. But point was, Mephy is so known he basicly psychological threat just being on table.

Cool, that's awesome.

In Warhammer 40k, there are certain Units which are Unstoppable Forces, and some which are Immovable Objects.

In general I've found that Codex-Mephiston is an unstoppable force. But once he encounters 2+ Armor Saves, 40k has answered the age-old question. :jaw:

I suppose Biomancy Meph attempts to transform himself into an Immovable Object? Is that the draw? Because the loss of mobility generally hurts so badly...

Mephy will die to terminators. his AP3 weapon and lack of an Invul save do not frighten me, Punch him in the face enough and he will die.

Other than AP3, nothing has changed in 6e in that regard. But why on earth are you fighting terminators with Mephiston?

Mephy will die to terminators. his AP3 weapon and lack of an Invul save do not frighten me, Punch him in the face enough and he will die.

Other than AP3, nothing has changed in 6e in that regard. But why on earth are you fighting terminators with Mephiston?

Yes, there are other changes. Now Mephiston is a character, so you can challenge the sergeant if some terminators charge you and survive, or you can challenge a powerfist sergeant on the turn you charge and finish the rest of the squad next turn, avoiding fire. And every 6 you get you decide who it's going to die. And now, grey knights (the bane of Mephiston) are not so dangerous due to AP3.

But, you use the powers from the codex or from the rulebook. Only two powers is a ....

I've seen Mephiston, the Constipated taking 3 of his own wounds away in the same turn back in 5th... double 1 for wings, failed dangerous terrain test, and an overheating plasma pistol followed by a failed save. Mind you, last time I fielded him I charged him into Ghaz's mob of 30 boys, but at the opposite end from Ghazkull. It took him 3 turns to get close enough to fight, and took them out of the game completely. He doesn't need to go straight through things, he's perfectly efficient as a tar pit. I'd keep him away from MCs and power fist units (thinking Oblits and terminators), but otherwise I'd fancy his chances against most of the game.

I had a nice game today albeit Mephy was worse unit of the game, was manage to make one shot of his plasma pistol when I drop podded him in enemy side... but with Iron Arm biomancy getting him S9 and toughness 9

Isn't Iron Arm a Blessing? Drop Pods count as having moved already so Mephy wouldn't be able to use a Blessing first turn.

I had a nice game today albeit Mephy was worse unit of the game, was manage to make one shot of his plasma pistol when I drop podded him in enemy side... but with Iron Arm biomancy getting him S9 and toughness 9

Isn't Iron Arm a Blessing? Drop Pods count as having moved already so Mephy wouldn't be able to use a Blessing first turn.

This is 100% Correct. No Blessings or Maledictions the turn you arrive from reserve, period.

I'm actually waiting for a custom helmet to come in a bits order from AU so I can finish my Meph. Really looking forward to trying him out... my regular opponent has no idea I've been working on this, so having him hit the table should be quite the surprise :yes:

I'm truly at a loss when people say Mephiston was nerfed in the 6th?! How he is feeble against terminators..? He was never good against hammernators anyway, he was good at moving very quickly and killing troops, he is even better at this thanks to 2+ save. Use him as scalpel and he would do wonders, throw him against dedicated assault units and he will fold...

Oh I agree entirely! I just feel codex-Mephiston is the best variant rather than trading out for Biomancy.

Wings of Sanguinius plus Fleet means he has a gigantic threat range--- only Cavalry and Beasts have larger average move+charge range.

Wings means you can avoid 2+ saves easier, which as everyone agrees, is quite paramount.

Archived