Look Out Sir! and ICs

bjoluemblem

After playing in a FoB qual last night, a question came up for the RAW on the LOS! rolls involving ICs. I'm sure this has come up before, but I couldn't find it.

SUMMARY:

1) ICs can have wounds LOS!ed of them on a roll of 2+ by an expendable guy in the unit.

OR

2) ICs can use LOS! to take wounds from another character on a 2+

Can you guys clear this up for me? Thanks!

The biggest confusion comes from the same vs. different saves.

If you have the same saving throw then:

Roll all your saves at once. Any fails that you have on your IC you can attempt a LOS on a 2+. If you make that 2+ instead of your IC taking a wound, the poor sod within 6" takes it.

If you have a different saving throw (the IC and the squad) , then you must declare LOS before you roll to save. Roll LOS and any 2+ rolls then get shifted to the poor sod within 6"who must then resolve the wound (ie: roll whatever save he has available). If you roll a "1" then the wound must be resolved on the IC and he then proceeds to roll his save (if available).

Does that help?

edit: Seems theres a bit more confusion than first noted.

1. You dont "look out sir" a wound ONTO an IC -you LOS the wound away from the character/IC.

2. Once again, follow the steps above. You dont take wounds away from other characters. Other characters need to roll a 4+ (characters) or a 2+ ( ICs) in order to pass the wound on.

In game terms a grunt jumps in front of the hero on a 4+ in case of sarges. In the case of ICs a grunt jumps in front of the IC on a 2+.

Your Look Out Sir is rolled for when the IC is potentially hit. It's to get the wound away from him. You cant do the reverse and take wounds from the squad on to the IC by doing LOS.

After playing in a FoB qual last night, a question came up for the RAW on the LOS! rolls involving ICs. I'm sure this has come up before, but I couldn't find it.

SUMMARY:

1) ICs can have wounds LOS!ed of them on a roll of 2+ by an expendable guy in the unit.

OR

2) ICs can use LOS! to take wounds from another character on a 2+

Can you guys clear this up for me? Thanks!

It seems to say, use 1 unless there are no more non-character models in the unit, then a character can step up for another character.

edit: Seems theres a bit more confusion than first noted.

1. You dont "look out sir" a wound ONTO an IC -you LOS the wound away from the character/IC.

2. Once again, follow the steps above. You dont take wounds away from other characters. Other characters need to roll a 4+ (characters) or a 2+ ( ICs) in order to pass the wound on.

In game terms a grunt jumps in front of the hero on a 4+ in case of sarges. In the case of ICs a grunt jumps in front of the IC on a 2+.

Your Look Out Sir is rolled for when the IC is potentially hit. It's to get the wound away from him. You cant do the reverse and take wounds from the squad on to the IC by doing LOS.

correct you cannot LoS wounds ONTO a character

It seems to say, use 1 unless there are no more non-character models in the unit, then a character can step up for another character.

IIRC that is only in duels, not for wounds in shooting.

"If the unit only consists of characters, a Look Out, Sir attempt can still be made, with one character within 6" taking the place of the erstwhile victim if the roll is passed." pg. 16, "Look Out, Sir"

If I'm reading that sentence right, you recall incorrectly. :cuss

Do note that you can only use LoS against wounds allocated to the character. Some instances and rules will cause wounds without using the term "allocate" and are as such not elligible for LoS.

Any examples Ezra?

Do note that you can only use LoS against wounds allocated to the character. Some instances and rules will cause wounds without using the term "allocate" and are as such not elligible for LoS.

Any examples Ezra?

Gets Hot!, Dangerous Terrain, Psychic Powers that cause models to suffer wounds, etc...

Any examples Ezra?

Gets Hot!, Dangerous Terrain, Psychic Powers that cause models to suffer wounds, etc...

:) ta!

Archived