Working on my Successor of BA

Atrenox

Ok for some time now iv been playing with the idea of making my own Successor chapter spawned from the Blood Angels

So i came up with a name = Angels of Ultramer

and as for color scheme iv gone with this

http://s17.postimage.org/5df7uturf/spacemarine_2.jpg

anyone free to help me work on it all criticism is welcome to better these guys :devil:

Well making your own chapter is always very rewarding.

How fully connected to the blood angels do you wish them to be? I ask only because the name is very close to Ultramar, the system where the Ultramarines hail from. Unless this was a typo and i'm being a dolt B) Anyway, it might be wiser to come up with a different name, lest folks thing you're just a UM successor. Angel in there is always a good start, i would suggest looking around at different linguistical uses of the word Blood, be they in ancient languages like Latin or more commonly used ones. Variations on Cup or chalice also works such as "Order of the Calix" (Calix being latin for cup).

I'd be more than happy to help you out, the problem at the moment is things are very bare bones with your fluff at the moment. I would suggest using the Blood Angels lore as a foundation and then sitting down and working out how your guys could diverge from that. Think of the Blood drinkers for example- Pretty much got the same thing going on as their progenitors except they choose to embrace the red thirst. Perhaps your chaps are similarly divergent, maybe suffering from phyisological or psychological defects?

Ultramer does sound like an Ultramarines. And that would confuse, and or not want people to help due to the conflicting ideas in chapters. Like Witchhunter Kraine stated, using other resources might aid you in finding out the lore of your chapter.

Ultramer does sound like an Ultramarines. And that would confuse, and or people not wanting to help due to the conflicting ideas in chapters. Like Witchhunter Kraine stated, using other resources might aid you in finding out the lore of your chapter.

Oh also, try having a butchers at Italian horror films.

The sanguinary guard of my lamenters are called the "Frater Suspiria", roughly translated as brotherhood of sighs in latin. The inspiration came from "Suspiria" a film by Dario Argento. The lamenters battle barge in the badab war book is called Mater Lachrymarum which means "mother of tears", a reference to another Argento movie. (Me and Alan Bligh are on the same wave length it seems :lol:)

i have alot of fluff written down - just not typed up so i cant be bothered typing it all up lol

as for the ultramer part i do see your point it is a bit of confusion there i see that now

one of the reasons i was working with the ultramer side is because i like the ultramarines U and i was working around that and i planned on having the U with a tear drop blood symbol like below

http://i47.tinypic.com/17dent.jpg

but i will work on it some more come up with a suitable name and ill keep yous posted thanks for all the feedback guys its a push in the right direction

Yeah the chapter badge looks cool. The only problem would have been that badge and a place that sounded like ultramar, they would have came across as ultra successors.

yea true .. wouldnt want an ultra blood smurf now.....

What about

Angels Ulciscor

ulciscor = to take vengeance for, avenge / take vengeance on --> vengeance on chaos for the death of Sanguinius?

And this way you explain both the blood drop (angels) and U (ulciscor).

Greets,

BI

HEY i like that i like that alot !!

thankyou im a keep that and here i was reworking a new badge for Angels of Divinity

Archived