Allied Captains...?

calgaryBA

We've got Tycho, who is amazing for shooty armies, but what about for more speed oriented armies?

Our own captains are crap, and fast characters are expensive - meph, dante, sanguinor and astorath. They're all 220-275 points

Is anybody using an allied captain with artificer armor, jump pack and a relic blade? This comes out to 180 points.

Thoughts?

Honestly, I can't see a reason to spend 180 for an allied jump pack captain. Spend 220 for Astorath. The extras are worth the 40 points.

Same stats. Relic blade with bonus rules. Chaplain reroll to hit. Plus the Red Thirst bonus.

Honestly, I can't see a reason to spend 180 for an allied jump pack captain. Spend 220 for Astorath. The extras are worth the 40 points.

Same stats. Relic blade with bonus rules. Chaplain reroll to hit. Plus the Red Thirst bonus.

Astorath's axe doesn't strike at I1?

Astorath's axe doesn't strike at I1?

Not according to GW, it is clearly an Unusual power weapon (strength 6 plus reroll to enemy invul saves is clearly a unique CC rule).

Basic premise is flawed. A ba capt with jp and twin claws is better since he has more attacks, can re-roll to wound, can get fnp and fc from a priest and will make mincemeat of any sergeants with power weapons before they attack, so his 3 plus save is no worse than the artificier armour.

Basic premise is flawed. A ba capt with jp and twin claws is better since he has more attacks, can re-roll to wound, can get fnp and fc from a priest and will make mincemeat of any sergeants with power weapons before they attack, so his 3 plus save is no worse than the artificier armour.

I agree. BA can make better JP captains. If allied captains is needed then I would go for shooty captain from codex that is no name, gets special issue ammos for bolter, digital weapons, artificier armour and expensive but still useful relic blades and basicly all those stuff BA's don't get. There's always Kayvaan Shriek though who IMHO would make good allied captain and is with Jump Pack and Twin Lightning claws. Great looking model. There's still exception to almost any rule though.

Archived