Multiple Initiatives and Pile In

Seahawk

Interesting discussion came up elsewhere. When you reach an Initiative Step at which you attack, you get to Pile In, right?

So, what about Servo-arms? These additional attacks are resolved at a different initiative than normal the model (usually). A techmarine without an axe Piles In and attacks at I4, then again at I1 for the servo-arms.

Now, this view goes against how I've read the rules and discussed them on here before, which is Pile In at characteristic, attack at whatever you do. I don't have my book on me for a more thorough discussion yet, but I figured I'd start generating it.

The catch with hammer of wrath is you only get it if you make base contact, and since your already in base contact you do not pile in. Not so sure about the Techmarines servo arms though.

Being that it says you get a single extra close combat attack for each arm at I1..

I'd give it a pile in. It's an extra attack, just like Hammer of Wrath is an extra/additional attack at a different initiative. Difference is, Hammer of Wrath specifically states that it does not grant an additional Pile In, while the servo arms have no such restriction.

The discussion was really helpful. Got it sorted in my mind why Banshees don't hit on I10 with Axes, but Frags don't work. Sadly. ;)

Mind pming me why banshee's don't attack at I10 with power axes?

There's also a thread on the subject here.

EDIT: note I moved Gentlemanloser's post on the topic and subsequent posts for two reasons. One to keep them all together. Two because it looked like it may need a few more posts. You can find that topic in the link above.

Archived