Team Tourney

SeattleDV8

This months tourney was a team event.

1250 per army shared FOC and forgeworld rules were allowed (40K stamped only)

I took Belial with the Banner and Apothecary upgrades.

4 Terminator squads ( 3X TH/SS; TH/SS+ Cyclone and PF/SB)

and a Bastion with a Quad gun

My partner took Elysian IG.

2 Vultures and 4 other flyers (so 3 heavys and 3 Fast Attack)

An HG +Squad and two mounted Troops.

First opponent was a Ork + Grok list.

The Orks were not too bad but those Grok tanks (8 of the little buggers in two squadrons) plus a mega tank put out an amazing amount of blasts.

Rough on my Termie squads ( one squad was removed in one shooting phase) but useless against the flyers.

The 24 (?) twin linked shoots from each Vulture was brutal .

The Orks did have 2 Jets but as they came by themselves the Quad gun either killed them or stopped them from shooting.

The second list was a elite GK list and Chaos Marines.

My Deathwing could not seem to make a save.

Although I lost all but 2 Termies I did hold out long enough, and remove both the Vindcare and the Obliterators from the enemy.

The Flyers had a free rangeA and worked the elite units down, even Draigo can't shrug off 14 wounds.

The final game was a Long fang heavy SW list and a SM list with 3 storm talons.

This was a very well balanced list and although it did give us the toughest fight we did table them in turn 5.

First turn Belail and his squad Mishaped, they placed them next to a squad of Sterngard in a Rhino I damaged the rhino but did not destroy it.

The Sternguard hopped out and unloaded with plasmaguns , plasma pistols and combi plasma killing 3 of my termies, but also killing 3 sternguards.

I was assaulted by a 10 man termie squad and wiped out, although bad I was still smiling from the Sternguard failing their Ld test and running off of the table.

Again once our Flyers came in the other side lost squads very quickly.

Their flyers came in were too little , too late, between the Quad-gun and our flyers.

They did manage to shoot down one of our flyers and damage heavily another, but lost all of theirs.

A fun tourney with some good teams and a good time all around.

Congrats for the result and thanks for the mini reps :)

Most concern in our group is how being forced to move 90º and the moving at least 18 (??) inches makes fliers both predictable and easy to crash: since I know where you are going to have to move, I can place my models and since you can't land on my unit, you have to move less...so you crash.

What is your take with this situation? Any experience?

It does take some forethought,but in the Vultures case they get a 90 degree turn at the start of the move and at the end.

As to the others, it's still very hard to cover every space from 18"-36" in a 180 arc.

We lost some shots (or had to shoot secondary targets) but it was not big problem.

Archived