Black Templar Marshall WIP

RayGun924

Hi everyone. I have been away from the hobby for several years and I don't know what prompted me to get back into it but needless to say, the bug bit. I picked up some old conversions I had laying around and decided to spruce them up. The first mini I ever painted was the LE Emperor's Champion (you know, the one with the suggestive pose holding the Black Sword?) and I'd always liked the BT fluff. So I have presented here a WIP shot of a Marshall I've been working on.

The pose was inspired by Chris Borer's Chorazin from a few years back. He'll be standing on a rock or platform or whatever when I decide on something.

He has arms planned, but unfortunately I can't find my pin vise to drill the holes in the torso.

gallery_494_7623_156942.jpg

Any feedback is appreciated.

Welcome back brother !

He looks cool so far. I like the rivets. Where is the head from?

Looks like a space wolf head minus the ponytail. Could be wrong though.

Very nice looking marshal so far, good sense of pose and sense of gravitas personality wise. Are you planning to add any more detail/ornamentation/embellishments to the leg greaves? What arms and shoulderpads are going to be used on this model? In short, I'd like to see more (so I hope you find the pin vice, which leads me to believe metal arms will be used, am I right?)

++Edit++ took me a second look, but digging the cape you sculpted on there- I actually like how it isn't flowing out in the wind like a bedsheet ala GW models; it gives the cloak a feeling of weight!

Thanks guys.

@ Brother Joseph: to be honest, I have no idea as I bought it well over 3 years ago. It was railroad modeling chain that I found at a local Hobbytown USA. I'm sure something equivalent is available at your nearest model railroad store.

@ The_Chaplain:

The head is indeed a SW head. It's this head but I took some time to shave down the wild side.

I'm using plastic arms but I tend to pin most things. Please see below to check out how he's kitted and for more shots of his cape.

@ Batu: Thanks. Space Wolves head as above.

Now more pics.

gallery_494_7623_59639.jpeg

gallery_494_7623_49219.jpeg

gallery_494_7623_46969.jpeg

Good choice of arms, the studded gauntlets/gloves coupled with the shoulder pads makes for a nice imposing Marshal overall. That's an interesting cross guard/hilt and pommel on the power sword.

Have you decided on a backpack for this guy? If not, the new starter set has an excellent smoking backpack on the limited edition chaplain. Just a suggestion. Looking forward to seeing this guy finished.

Archived