BA vs orks

khurdur

Hey, I've got a game against orks coming up soon, 1750p. I'll have 2x 10 RAS w/melta/fist, 2x sang guard, priest, 2x5 devs with full ML and a captain. And I want to add a named HQ...who is the best? I have sanguinor, dante, and astorath...all are pretty good.

What do you think?

I'd roll with Dante. Ups your scoring unit count. Sanguinor I'm not a huge fan of, he's just that little bit too expensive. I'd also be tempted to swap that captain for a librarian...even on foot, he can buff the devastators. What's the rest of the list/captains gear/SG gear?

Alternatively, take Tycho and a pair of Whirlwinds. Totally not list tailoring in the slightest :D

hm I see dante seems to be the common denominator.....

one unit of SG have chapter banner 2x infernus pistols (for the characters) the other 2x inf. pistols. The capt has JP, power weapon (sword)

The sanguinor could be awesome, but I'm just scared he's too fragile...an ork player even with shooting could easily lay lots of wounds on him and he's 3 "1s"away from death....

I just had a run in with some orks using Dante running (well more like flying) with a priest and sanguinary guards.

If you believe in the power axe, initiative 1 for Dante, watch out for the Nob with power klaw hiding in a bunch of cheap boyz. Striking at the same time as Dante, in a challenges and one (un)lucky roll. That is instant death for Dante. It can easily cost you 225 pts of Dante vs. 41 pts. of Nob ;)

As you can't (in lack of a better term) hide from a challenges when running with guards, it is either the priest, Dante or playing chicken. So watch the Nob, I did not, Dante died quickly ;)

If you believe in i1 axe for Dante, just run him with a priest with lightning claw or power sword. The let the priest take the challenge (and most likely kill the nob with what? 4 S5 attacks on the charge?) while Dante and the guards slaughter some boys. In most cases, proper response to challenges is to have characters run in pairs (or with a sergeant) and then cover all the possibilities between the two of them.

Dante all the way - 2 scoring units is not really enough at this level, and you dont want to combat squad those 10man RAS vs Orks.

Tychos hatred is nowhere near as good as the prescience, so Id swap the captain for a librarian, unless you really want to use him.

yeah the choice was mainly between them...anyway I played and used Astorath....I went well, but lost in the end because I couldn't kill of 7 meganobz with grotsnik...sanguinary guard and assault marines can't really touch them :/

I used Astorath, he was good ! on the charge his unit was quite nasty, until he got the meganobz in his face !

Archived