BtW's Dark Angels

Bearingtheword

I've been wanting to do a Dark Angels force since returning as they were one of the first armies I played back in second edition. Now with the 6th ed starter box containing such awesome models i figured "No time like the present!" This will be chronicling my progress on my DA.

First up: Four veterans that will probably be part of my libby or chaplain's command squad

gallery_62728_7627_1398292.jpg

C&C always welcome!

~BtW

Not bad, you're off to a good start. Some thoughts though... Cleaning up your mistakes will make your models look more crisp. It only takes a minute to touch up. I'd put another thin coat or two on the robes because that color comes out a little spotty. Any time you don't have good coverage its always worth it to go back with another thin coat or two to make your colors opaque/solid. And consider using washes on the metal to give it more depth. I haven't tried the new GW Shades, but I'd try Seraphim Sepia or Reikland Fleshshade on the gold, and Nuln Oil on the silver and see how you like it.

Thanks for the tips.... I deliberately went for a dirty grittier look on the robes and armor. It was an attempt to make them look like they have been out in the field fighting instead of being in parade polished kit. Just a difference in preference. I did hit the metallics with both Badab Black wash and Devlan Mud, but I will go back and hit it with another coat, but this time I'm thinking it may be with Gryphon Sepia and then come back with a small highlight of Burnished Gold on a few spots, and maybe some Mithril Silver on a few others.

:D

~BtW

Archived