Minotaurs

Hi all,

So with 6th ed here, I decided to repaint my army.Having read up on alot of different chapters, I decided to go with Minotaurs ( partly because FW has models for em ).

I ran into my first trouble as I got starting thinking about how to achieve the colourscheme.I wanted an even colourscheme on both my infantry as my large vehicles ( specially LR's ).And since I don't have an airbrush, that proved to be a hard nut to crack for me.Finally I found a spray at my local discount store that was the perfect base to start from.

And here's the resulting test mini.

gallery_34103_5048_49968.jpg

gallery_34103_5048_47664.jpg

gallery_34103_5048_37881.jpg

gallery_34103_5048_14701.jpg

The red really washes out with the camera, IRL it's more brighter red at the top.

I know there's mold lines on there, but it's just a test mini, to see how it would go.

So, any c&c is appreciated ^_^

Anvil

nice clean painting but arrrrgh at the mold lines! takes a few minutes before you undercoat and make sure you get them all, it really does make a big difference :huh: Try a devlan mud wash or 2 aswell and it'll give the gold a better look.

Really good start though, well done ;)

+1 on th AARGH the mold lines. Even if it's a test you could use it.

The overall look is quite convicing. This weathered bronze is real nice. me likey

But I think more work on the red parts should definitely nail this.

Keep 'em coming.

JuJu

Kaleb Daark

Thanks all, I know the mold lines ain't pretty to look at ( pennance has been done brothers :Troops: ), altough in my defense the camera has a nasty habit of grosely enlarging the mold lines ;x

here's the next update:

Tactical Termies:

Group Shot front :

gallery_34103_7640_60330.jpg

Group shot back :

gallery_34103_7640_96495.jpg

Sergeant close-up :

gallery_34103_7640_51293.jpg

Nothin special atm, just the golden basecoat.They are missing a key part however, virtual cookie to who can spot what :Troops:.

Gave the sergeant the greek tabbard thing and another head from the commander box, giving him a more 'brutal' look, wich suits the minotaurs' mentality perfectly :).

I know there are SOME moldlines on these, but again; these are greatly excagerated (sp?) by the camera.

Anvil

Archived