DARK VENGEANCE: PRE ORDERS ARE UP!

The Shadow Guard

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Path_to_redemption.jpg

As the title states, the pre orders are up on the GW web sites...... Go get them boys...... I....couldn't...resist..... ordered...... one...:) ......two....:D.........three........ :woot: ........starter sets...... and the novel...

The 360 degree images are great... I have to say the Chaos miniatures look a lot more dynamic and detailed, especially the dread!!!

The dark Angel Master is absolutely sissy. :sick: ... He'll be demoted to a banner bearer in my army...replacing the sword with a standard...

The Interrogator chaplain looks awesome but somehow his robes look to be a little odd...

Also, I understand the DA plasmafest..but what the hell is the Chaos captain doing with a modern era plasma pistol?? :)

Anyway as I said earlier...Go get 'em boys!!!

SG

Just ordered one starter set. I just had to...

Edit: Addition:

I have just one problem with the master: his backpack requires some work to be able to attack a banner or such.

What I want to know is why the Sarge is not wearing a robe? Renegade BT?

I... I... I just can't.

Snap-together?! I hadn't heard it mentioned before, but I guess it's logical. I'll admit the price is nice, but I would have, and expected, to pay more for a combined package.

Custom case? Nnah.

The book is tempting if its a hardback, but certainly not a paperback at that price.

No sir, I just don't like it. May the Lion forgive me.

Oh yeah... never forget, never forgive :(

The detail is amazing and I'm in love with most of the stuff. Love the libby and plasma gunning Ravenwing Biker

Chaos captain doing with a modern era plasma pistol??

1. They may be a recent renegade chapter

2. They salvaged after a battle

Just got back from Good Games. Pre-ordered that box of amazingness...and got a coke. Membership discount put it down to $162 AUD. I am happy. Now I just need White Dwarf. Also...any mention of Dark Angels release in this month's mag or not?

Hi.

Yup some minis are interesting. As usual, a bit overboard for me, I like simplicity for battle brothers, not parade costumes.

The captain is actually modeled directly under the line of -Lion'el Jonson-, the original, yup not like Lucifer or Asmodai, so would be fine in my book if

...he wouldn't look precisely too much like Lion'el Jonson actually (this was already the case with the DA captain of old), so not for me.

The Chaplain is not bad.

Cheers.

@ The Shadow Guard: the fluff in the new WD has the Chaos Marines, The Crimson Slaughter, as M41 Traitors, hence modern equipment. I agree on the Chaplains tabard, it seems too wide, but it may just be that angle.

I've only the funds for a single boxset, but am looking to acquire at least another one A.S.A.P.

Cheers,

Jono

EDIT: This front-on image doesn't make the tabard seem as bad.

gallery_48988_7152_26579.jpg

(Image captured from GW's 360 viewer)

All the Dark Angels stuff is gorgeous. I love the Deathwing especially (finally some characterful plastic Deathwing). I hope the studded powerfists becomes a thing for our aesthetics because it is beautiful and hits my old-school buttons. I'm on the fence about grabbing the limited edition, I like the Chappy, but I have also spent a lot on gaming stuff lately and was hoping to be able to wait until mid September for this sucker. I may check in with my LGS to see about putting one on hold but I am not sure if I should just let the limited edition pass me by and grab the regular one instead. I'm sure other nice Chaplain models will come along with lots of Dark Angels iconograhy... right? o_o

All the Dark Angels stuff is gorgeous. I love the Deathwing especially (finally some characterful plastic Deathwing). I hope the studded powerfists becomes a thing for our aesthetics because it is beautiful and hits my old-school buttons.

I'm with you there 100%. I was very happy that they went for studded Termie armor - it certainly gives an "archaic" look to them. Love it! :cuss

I'm sure other nice Chaplain models will come along with lots of Dark Angels iconograhy... right? o_o

well there is the rumor of Asmodai making a comeback so, if true, I guess we can expect a new mini for him. Other than that, you are taking a big bet here... ;)

Local shop was offering a pre-order discount of 25%, I ordered two for me and one for a friend. I will probably trade off one Chaos set for a third DA set and call that good.

The first set I'll be keeping all the chaos stuff for use in my dark heresy/deathwatch/only war campaigns. Although I may trade the hellbrute off. If I get a second box I'll be trading the chaos contents for more dark angels.

I will be ordering from Wayland Games today (Last day of free postage offer too!)

A few others in my gaming group are interested in the Chaos scum so it looks like I will be getting multiple sets of the DA's to help them out - might be going for a full DA Chapter after all now that my 4th Company is almost done.

3rd or 5th next - not sure yet :rolleyes:

Edit: 3 x Limited Editions ordered :o

Just ordered the limited edition box :rolleyes: And I am going to buy the novel and the audio drama as well. The minis look awesome Both the Dark Angels and the CSM. With this box the start of my RW is born :o

An absolute shame there is nothing new here. Well besides the models themselves. I'll pick-up a squadron of bikes when they come out as a set, they are the only DAish models in the set. The Chappi and TAC SGT are way too BT for me, the TDA can go with whatever faction you want, and I don't play CSM.

On a gaming perspective their is absolutely nothing worth buying in my opinion for the price being asked.

As a modeler and collector, yes they are unique,,,,

An absolute shame there is nothing new here. Well besides the models themselves. I'll pick-up a squadron of bikes when they come out as a set, they are the only DAish models in the set. The Chappi and TAC SGT are way too BT for me, the TDA can go with whatever faction you want, and I don't play CSM.

On a gaming perspective their is absolutely nothing worth buying in my opinion for the price being asked.

As a modeler and collector, yes they are unique,,,,

Oh puri..... :rolleyes: what can I say... I am a 40K Dark Angel junkie.... I've tried to kick the habit ... but ...I keep buying stuff!! Hoping to paint them..... and thanks to Captain Sempers juggernaut...i did finally get around to some of it.. :o

SG

Archived