DARK VENGEANCE: PRE ORDERS ARE UP!

The Shadow Guard

An absolute shame there is nothing new here. Well besides the models themselves. I'll pick-up a squadron of bikes when they come out as a set, they are the only DAish models in the set. The Chappi and TAC SGT are way too BT for me, the TDA can go with whatever faction you want, and I don't play CSM.

On a gaming perspective their is absolutely nothing worth buying in my opinion for the price being asked.

As a modeler and collector, yes they are unique,,,,

Oh puri..... :rolleyes: what can I say... I am a 40K Dark Angel junkie.... I've tried to kick the habit ... but ...I keep buying stuff!! Hoping to paint them..... and thanks to Captain Sempers juggernaut...i did finally get around to some of it.. :o

SG

Oh I know what you mean. Finishing up the LEX RW with some incoming bikes and Speeders. My reasoning is that I have 160+ TDA with every assorted Chappis & Libbie available, 75% of the RW will be complete in a couple of weeks. One entire Battle Company has been done for years (don't use them though). And my second one is collecting dust waiting for assembly as we speak.

I think my biggest misnomer is that the Tactical Squad and Chappi does look so Black Templar, the TDA is nice, but generic to anyone who used them, and the only new item in the mix is really the Ravenwing bikes..... Which as soon as the set is released I'll make them the new and improved Command Sqd.

Makes sense they make the starter box a bit generic though, dont you think?

We're getting loves, but templars, wolves and so on also "deserve" to get a cheaper (euros) solution for army building, dont you think?

When we find omegas sculpted we think"awwww maaaan"

Anyhow, I'm getting 2 boxes and remain uncertain of what to do with chaos.

Either keep it and try to build a small force (just for the hell of it) or trade them for more DA.

However, I like pueriexdeus have all the TDA and bikes I could need...so getting all the new models is just because they look great!

snip... might be going for a full DA Chapter after all now that my 4th Company is almost done.

3rd or 5th next - not sure yet :D

Go for 5th. The captain in the box is supposed to be the new captain of the 5th company freshly promoted from the deathwing after the old captain was killed.

Edit: On the topic of what pueriexdeus & Tanhausen are discussing.

I'm almost always using Belial and occasionally Sammy or Azreal so the captain I don't much care about. I'm wishing the chaplain was in terminator instead of power armour as he'd be more use for a lot of DA I think. I don't have a librarian so that will definitely be something nice to add to my force. Currently tacticals are pretty terrible in our current codex so I have half a battle company sitting half assembled and unpainted so I don't particularly need those models but I'm not going to say no. Bolter terminators are pretty garbage as well but the terminator sergeant could make for a really nice Belial with sword model. I need more bikes though. I only have 6 bikes at the moment and three speeders so I'm really looking forward to adding a bunch of cheep bikes to my forces. The choas are useful for when I'm running 40k RPG's so that isn't so bad.

Overall I feel I'll be getting my monies worth from the box. I don't want everything in it but I'm getting more than enough to justify the price tag.

Ordered one. Would've liked to order two, despite BT being my main army - though similarly I would've liked a second AoBR, though this time mainly to get more Orks. But realistically neither is a good idea at the moment since I'll be paying even for my initial purchases (AoBR + SM Battleforce + CC termies + supplies) for months to come. Unfortunately by the time I could afford more, the LE will be gone - with two chappies I could've perhaps tried to make one for BT and one for DA! - and of course AoBR is now EOL already....... agh, this rate I'll yet brainwash myself into ordering a second set after all, especially as my brother will need a rulebook eventually too... :D

In any case, this seems like a fantastic set, and obviously well beyond AoBR in terms of detail.

So not having ever done a preorder how does this work? As long as its up on the site its still available, or will they just take in more orders than they have boxed sets and refund you if you were too late? I preordered one, I'm just not clear on how it works for a 'limited' release like this.

I think when they run out, they'll make it unavailable... So if it allows to place an order it is pretty much guaranteed you'll get it.

This should be true at least for GW's own web store and such. Gotta wonder about third-party independent retailers though, like with my order - I mean I've never done a pre-order that I didn't get, mainly with PC games, but who knows. I do suppose they have a set amount that they know they will receive, and cap pre-orders accordingly. But I'd be surprised if the limited edition ran out just from pre-orders alone in any case.

I like the chaplain and all, but what's the deal with the smoke coming from his top censers? It looks okay from the front, but any other angle it just looks like it came out of an old school 2D video game... Not a big deal really, I'll just chop that part off, or do a whole backpack swap, probably for an Azrael skull one that I have laying around.

All in all, I am super stoked for this boxed set. Maybe it's b/c I didn't buy the rulebook yet and I was holding out on this one to have one in it, but I think this box is a stupendous buy.

I feel bad for chaos players though. My brother will be the benefactor for the chaos half, and like he told me: the minis there have too much of an 'undivided' look to them. And man, those cultists look awful... just sayin'

Just ordered one set and from the new pics and 360 views they looks very well done, manage to notice the mark 5 helms in the tact have large vents on top which was different, really like the look of the chaos marines think I may have to make a Fallen army.

We were driving between our home city and the capital here (takes about 3.5ish hours) to get to a surprise party for my est friend, so knowing this was coming, I asked my wife to monitor the GW site every thirty minutes to see exactly when this went up, since I actually haven't figured out what time zone Nottingham is on (and it seems like that's always the gauge for Internet pre-orders). She told me that the "Vengeance thing with that angel sword is on there" and we immediately pulled off the road so I could wrangle with the website on my phone to order. Fairly certain anyone watching thought we were nuts, but even my wife has agreed that the models are very cool.

I can't wait to get it and while I don't really need anything in it, I think all the models for both sides are amazing for what they are, starter set models. I really, really hope this portends even more amazing DA battle company, Deathwing and Ravenwing boxed kits!

I reserved my copy today at my FLGS. They said it wasn't possible to even order the regular version till the limited was sold through.

I didn't order from GW as their delivery system would mean not receiving my copy till well after launch day. I suspect this will frustrate lots of people that will wait and watch others unpack their goodness :D

I ordered two, and I don't play DA or even CCM. the models were toocool to resist though, I'll see what to make of them.

I'm sure some of the DA will make fine BA, and I might even have to breathe some new life into my Sons of Malice. Models look great for it.

I like the looks of the new models! Sure, snap together is kinda meh. The Chaplain seems to be a multi-part ket, as the text for the limited edition set says

The limited edition includes a full-colour double-sided reference sheet and assembly guide for Interrogator-Chaplain Seraphicus.

I like the looks of the Captain- it's like an update of the very old Captain. The wings looks a little over the top, but hey! This if 40K! Everything is over the top. The Librarian... I dunno. Maybe it'll grow on me? That Sergeant... bleh. Is there another Space Marine Chapter out there with as many unique Sergeants as the Dark Angels? :D

The Dark Angels troops look pretty much like the ones in the paint set, which isn't a bad thing. Those were pretty good looking even if they were snap together.

Here comes the heresy/blasphemy comment: Those Chaos models look pretty darn good.

Of interest to me is the mini-rulebook. In the last edition, the mini-rulebook was a shrunk down copy of the main rule book. Pg. 35 in the mini-rulebook was exactly the same as pg. 35 of the big book. The new mini-rulebook is 168 pages... which places the page number in the beginning of "The Age of Mankind Timeline". The actual rules end on pg. 131, unless they are going to include all the reference material in the back of the book. Which thinking about it, they would have to...

It's a fantastic deal at only US$107 for all the stuff you get. The mini's, even if these are the studio masters/clean models, all look great.

I ordered mine through my LGS. Looking forward to all the new models!

I put this up else where on the forum but seriously. All I can think of is a wizard then it hit me that we have Gandalf now.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/216084_4141791475145_1113460820_n.jpg

Oh my. When I saw that I was like, 'Really?" I was pretty surprised they did that and that it costs more than the normal case and you get less space. If you only ever plan to use those models it wouldn't be bad I suppose but I don't think it's worth it. If it came with one of those Int-Chaps then it would be but to me, as it is currently sold as, it's not worth it.

I definitely ordered myself a copy! I fully intend to restart my hobby career with the Dark Angels, and I owe it to this set. If the models I get look anywhere near the quality of the pictures (in terms of casting), the set will have been totally worth it. I'll definitely be selling off the chaos models, maybe with the exception of the Lord and the Chosen with the maul; they just look too cool to part with, even if it means less money for more DA. Can't wait to start playing for the first time since 4th Edition! (yeah, that's right, I'm oldschool :) )

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrgh!

Curse you all for your inspiring comments! Especially you, Harleqvin!

I was resisting the call of the snap-together models and decided against them, but because of you guys I pre-ordered two sets for myself. And the novel. Happy? But I'm not getting the case. I have to draw the line somewhere.

...and thank you again. ^_^

Totally Archangel and you're welcome

={D>

I like the bulk majority of the models. I can't wait to get my 3 sets of RW and DW. I can always use more RW as I only have a few and I still have not hit the 100 mark one TDA only at around 60 give or take. I still need to finish them and paint them but I am waiting on the HH books to come out to see what they do. I am hoping they give some more clarity as to weather or not the Termie Honors was really there before before the Emperor was wounded at the end. I am still trying to figure out if I am removing the Terminator honors or not. lqtm

Good evening brothers,

I ordered my limited edition set first thing this morning at my local GW. i was surprised at the cost though, i was expecting it to be higher. for £65 sterlin you do get alot for your money.

Iv just looked at the 360 degree models on GW website and i must say im very impressed for the lost part. im still not too keen on the company master but the rest of the models look very good. Il just modify them a bit (no wings on the DW sargent for example) and they should fit it very nicley with my DA force.

Im very tempted to try and make a company master out of the chaplin (i think he has alot of potential) however i dont think i can bring myself to change the model! might just keep him as a chaplin.

The chaos models will probably go to my brother if he wants them as iv started to build a night lord army but dont think they will fit in.

Archived