DARK VENGEANCE: PRE ORDERS ARE UP!

The Shadow Guard

I was chatting to the manager in the Bath GW shop earlier today – next Sat they are organising a bits swap for all those who purchased the DV instore box and want to swap DA for Chaos or vice versa. I might now be tempted into splashing the cash :yes:.

I ordered SoV Limited Edition, however I am not very pleased with our models in the box.

One question about our Company Master in SoV; why he has no Iron Halo?

PS: I hope there will be models/bits swap here in Vienna, also. I really have no use for Chaos models, no matter how good they look.

PS: I hope there will be models/bits swap here in Vienna, also. I really have no use for Chaos models, no matter how good they look.

I'm pretty sure that if you ordered it at some GW or LGS, you can let the manager/owner know that you want to swap...or maybe even put up a sign or something in case someone also wants to trade.

I'm geting 2 sets and intially thought "hey, these chaos models look great...maybe start some warband or something?".

But the more I think about it, the less I think of it...maybe my Faith is coming back hehe.

Can't wait to see the models though :lol:

I just got myself a set but cant say im excited about the chaplain or the 'too tangled in my robes to wield my sword' captain (good call on standard bearer SG!) but the DW look pretty cool and call me a traitor but those chaos minis are some of the best ive seen in ages! :) im sure this has been raised elsewhere but i just heard the boxed set was only $99 is the US but $180 in AUS - whats the deal?? still... didnt stop me unloading the $$...

Got my set (splitting it with a Traitor-playing friend).

I think I will convert the duplicate Deathwing into a TH/SS wielder. Otherwise, I'll probably leave them all the same as I can't bring myself to start hacking into what are more or less pretty cool sculpts. I'd also hate to change the sarge to a TH/SS only to have the Deathwing Sergeant with Power Sword wind up being more viable in the next edition.

I've given in and ordered one copy Special Edition - that chappy is a lush sculpt imo. ^_^ going to keep the lot from this (make a small DA force - though I be no dress-wearer) ;) and going to use the chaos bits as 13th Comp. wolves or perhaps just make them up for the 'in-box' scenario :P but I'm getting another set next week, hopefully another special though not too bothered as I'm selling the mini rulebook to a mate and probs swapping the chaos bits with other friends.

I managed to get it for a mere £52 (£23 off!) so I am rather pleased B)

I think a lot of people are buying a box with a friend or the both of buying a box and trading the armies. I'm getting my friend's DA(he gets the special guy) and he gets the Chaos. I am going to tell him I want the Chaos lord to paint up special for my wife.

Hmm, now to figure out how I should convert the extras I get when I trade my Chaos off. I love the Deathwing but the sergeant is fairly distinctive and will need a bit of convertin' so he doesn't look as conspicuous.

Part of me wants to chop him up a bit and try for a SS/TH version (lord knows I have enough of those sitting around. May also shave the wings down, perhaps replace them with some spare statuettes or emblems?

The rest will be fairly easy to swap a few things around and convert a bit judging from what we know of how they snap together. Still wondering how to utilize the bikers since if I want to make one large squad I will need to dump a special weapon to do it. On the other hand if I just try to make them a 6-man unit that leaves me more open to a variety of loadouts.

Hmm, guess I've have to wait until it's in my hands.

Wow, limited edition box already off the site lol. SOOOO glad I ordered mine already and didn't wait like I did with 6th ed!

I guess this is country or region specific, since it's still available for me? But even if it's sold out even in just region, that means that it really is limited, not "supposedly limited" like is the case with so many limited products these days.

I spy with my little eye...

http://fotos.miarroba.es/fo/b416/24503EB2DF1F503CA4B421503CA05A.jpg

http://fotos.miarroba.es/fo/660b/24503EB2E820503CA4BE2A503CA063.jpg

http://fotos.miarroba.es/fo/783c/24503EB2F121503CA4C821503CA06C.jpg

Really, why is Company Master missing his Iron Halo?!

I am worried now...

Maybe it's the eternal optimist in me speaking, but he DOES have something that looks really close to a lion helm on... Not sayin' that it's going to mean iron halo for an entire squad, but I bet he's got his 4+ inv.

The Limited Edition looks like it is popping back up on the US site now, along with the regular box without a Chaplain.

On the models, I'm wondering what having the sleeves Green-stuffed into chainmail would look like.

They aren't really sleeves - it's the cape. Take a look at the 360 view. The cape falls over his right shoulder but miraculously goes UNDER his left shoulder. I have no idea why they did it that way - maybe going for the whole asymmetrical look with the Captains left shoulder clasping it in place on that side.

Archived