DARK VENGEANCE: PRE ORDERS ARE UP!

The Shadow Guard

They aren't really sleeves - it's the cape. Take a look at the 360 view. The cape falls over his right shoulder but miraculously goes UNDER his left shoulder. I have no idea why they did it that way - maybe going for the whole asymmetrical look with the Captains left shoulder clasping it in place on that side.

The commander does have sleeves. I mean, on the left arm it's not "open" from the bottom, it's clearly supported by the arm from the upper side and closes into a sleeve on the bottom. And when you look closely at the right arm in the 360 view, you can see there's also a sleeve tucked under the overhanging cape as well. Presumably the sleeves are part of the robe, with the cape asymmetrically on top.

They aren't really sleeves - it's the cape. Take a look at the 360 view. The cape falls over his right shoulder but miraculously goes UNDER his left shoulder. I have no idea why they did it that way - maybe going for the whole asymmetrical look with the Captains left shoulder clasping it in place on that side.

The commander does have sleeves. I mean, on the left arm it's not "open" from the bottom, it's clearly supported by the arm from the upper side and closes into a sleeve on the bottom. And when you look closely at the right arm in the 360 view, you can see there's also a sleeve tucked under the overhanging cape as well. Presumably the sleeves are part of the robe, with the cape asymmetrically on top.

Ah ha! Okay, I see it now.

The maroon "vestment" (for lack of a better word) goes over the robe and under the shoulder pad. It's like a monk dressed for giving a church service or more priest-like really.

I think greenstuff chainmail could work Bryan.

Cheers to you brothers for getting some grade A treatment, I mean if this is what the starter snapfit models look like, the full release is gonna amazing, but I keep hearing players say they're getting more than one box? Are you mad, or are you boys so starved for models that you're willing to go dremel crazy to tear these snapfits apart so you can rebuild them. They look great, but who wants an army of clones? Or multiple termie squads sporting just ass canons and countless powerfists?

To continue on with tvih: take a look at the "bitz" view of the model here or on the GW site and you can clearly see the sleeve on the left arm where he has the sword cocked back on the body bit, and on the chest + right arm bit, the sleeve is even more visible. Edit: In case anyone is wondering where I'm looking.

Edit: My apologies, not piling on, my phone decided to only post this just now when I re-opened the browser. Stupid Apple.

I'm sure when i ordered it it said the would be shipped on Friday, however i've received an email letting me know it was shipped at 9:24am today. I'm not going to argue with it turning up a little early!

Likewise!!

I'm sure when i ordered it it said the would be shipped on Friday, however i've received an email letting me know it was shipped at 9:24am today. I'm not going to argue with it turning up a little early!

Al

Yep, I had double checked only 30 minutes ago and the site page says it was supposed to go out Friday. Cool!

The place I ordered from will likely ship on Friday, meaning I'll only get it on the 3rd. Meh! Not that I'm in a hurry as far as the models go at least, still weeks of work with the BT stuff and I don't even have the DA codex (will wait for the new one to arrive, whenever that is). But I need the 6th Ed rulebook to start learning the ropes!

Cheers to you brothers for getting some grade A treatment, I mean if this is what the starter snapfit models look like, the full release is gonna amazing, but I keep hearing players say they're getting more than one box? Are you mad, or are you boys so starved for models that you're willing to go dremel crazy to tear these snapfits apart so you can rebuild them. They look great, but who wants an army of clones? Or multiple termie squads sporting just ass canons and countless powerfists?

Good point. I myself got only one box this time and I would only consider another as a back-up in case I mess up the paint jobs... But I did get 3 Space Hulk boxes back in the day and one is still sealed... So I'm really as guilty for impulsive buying as everone else here... :lol:

Damn Captain - Want to sell off a Space Hulk? :lol:

I bought (2) for myself and (1) for a friend. I then got suckered into going halves for a third one as a local guy wanted the Chaos and couldn't find anyone else to split a set with him... :/

Paul

Al

I got even luckier. But I guess there are always some stores that miss the fact that the things they just received have a release date. :lol:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, BUT... I've seen many advance order threads before, and when GW have sent their 1st shipping notice it has actually only meant processing! I think its their computer system that sends out the message once things start getting moved about in a warehouse. If it does indeed come early then great! :woot:

You could be correct, and I've had that happen before, but never with an email confirming that it has shipped (vs just checking the site)

Thanks again for shopping with us. The order below has now been shipped. If your chosen shipping method included tracking, we’ll send you another email containing your tracking number and instructions for how to follow your shipment’s progress. Thanks once again for shopping with games-workshop.com and we hope to see you return soon.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, BUT... I've seen many advance order threads before, and when GW have sent their 1st shipping notice it has actually only meant processing! I think its their computer system that sends out the message once things start getting moved about in a warehouse. If it does indeed come early then great! ;)

Well all the GW direct to store sales will have shipped today for delivery tomorrow so quite likely they started to ship boxes to home addresses too, my copy is on it's way to local GW for Saturday collection.

I'm probably going to wait on the new Codex before I do anything with mine. I have plenty of Terminators (50ish) painted in the Standard Scheme, so I may go with a different sub-chapter for all the new stuff. Give me a chance to paint something different at a minimum.

Who knows. We'll see what happens.

Paul

Actually that makes sense now. Can any one thats having theirs shipped to local store confirm this, one way or the other?

I had emails for both of mine today that they've been shipped to my local GW.

you know its really easy to strip with alcohol, right?

:blink:

What you get up to in your own time is your business Tanhausen! :P :lol:

For me to know and for you to find out... :wub: :wub: :wub:

The place I ordered from will likely ship on Friday, meaning I'll only get it on the 3rd. Meh! Not that I'm in a hurry as far as the models go at least, still weeks of work with the BT stuff and I don't even have the DA codex (will wait for the new one to arrive, whenever that is). But I need the 6th Ed rulebook to start learning the ropes!

Looks like I was wrong, just got shipping confirmation... so I should have the box tomorrow already :huh:

Archived