Dark Vengeance Chaos Miniatures as Tzeentch?

Dark Scipio

Waht do you think, would the new miniatures look good in Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Colours?

I think the Choosen and the General could make very fine Tzeentch Choosen, I am unsure about the Hellbrut Dread espaccally with the exposed head and the cultists.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2540226a_60010199006_DVChaosLord_873x627.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2540236a_60010199006_DVChosenUnit_873x627.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2540261a_60010199006_DVHelbrute01_873x627.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2540246a_60010199006_DVCultistsUnit1_873x627.jpg

The lord, with a head, backpack and possibly weapon swap could make a good sorcerer, the chosen with boltgun I want to convert to an aspiring sorcerer, but the other seem a bit too warped to be thousand sons, but would want to see them painted differently before making a decision.

I think they could be painted up Tzeentchian but to really do the job properly you'd need to do some conversions and a bit of GS work. Some kind of avian-style head peeking out vulture-like from within the Helbrute would be one option. Add some Tzeentch iconography to the Lord and Chosen and they'd be fine. Perhaps replace the odd limb with a tentacle.

The cultists would be harder, I must admit. Again a bit of GS work and added iconography I guess.

EDIT:

I think the whole lot is ripe for Tzeentchification with a couple of books. All those wadjet eyes!!

An excellent point!

some parts look like they would work really well for possessed marines.. i really want those cultists though.. my army could use some scouts better themed for the world they live in..

The more I look at it, the more I think that with a helmet and swapping the hand holding the goofy skull helmet for an open palm of some kind, that the guy with the mace could be used to convert a nice aspiring sorcerer like the one in the third edition codex. Anyone else find the dark angel chaplain ruined by the ridiculous skull shoulder pad?

Personally I think the Dark angel models may be easier to convert to tzeentch :D

...Why do I feel like they look so... bland? With the exception of the Hell Brute I don't like a single one of the models.

They look amazing for chosen/Readily converted Possessed, but I would hate to see these as line-and-rank. Cultists...I'll take Nihms quote, hello Spiky Necrogangers.

I recon the Chosen and Hellbrute would look awesome as Tzeentch alined traitors. The Oracles of Change would be perfect. I can't see any of the minis (apart from the lord) being suitable for TS though...

I recon the Chosen and Hellbrute would look awesome as Tzeentch alined traitors. The Oracles of Change would be perfect. I can't see any of the minis (apart from the lord) being suitable for TS though...

Well, possibly the bolter Chosen, but that may be pushing it a bit. Also, the Dark Angels Librarian would make a great pre-heresy Son, and I'm sure I could find a use for the Captain and a few of the Tactical Marines as well...

Well I know my buddy(and I might too) intends to convert the DA into Tzeetch aligned fallen, we were both discussing the merits of putting tzeentchy/tropical plumage colors to all the wings and feathers to give them a tzeentch feel, seeing as feathers are a favorite of the lord of change too.

The more I look at it, the more I think that with a helmet and swapping the hand holding the goofy skull helmet for an open palm of some kind, that the guy with the mace could be used to convert a nice aspiring sorcerer like the one in the third edition codex. Anyone else find the dark angel chaplain ruined by the ridiculous skull shoulder pad?

Personally I think the Dark angel models may be easier to convert to tzeentch :)

The skull helmet (with the hand) is a separate part, so it shouldn't be too hard to pull off.

If we just follow the fluff for the Thousand Sons we would only have HQ Sorcerers and Rubric squads (and some vehicles). Every other kind of unit would just be Tzeentch- followers (and these are the Chaos Marines that are the most likely to be mutated) fighting alongside the Thousand Sons.

Idk, I think painted right, most of the chosen just look heavily ornamented rather than mutated, and in the rare cases where it it necessary(tongue-chosen and bolter carrying tentacles I look at thee) some basic hobby-knifin' and greenstuff-ing would provide a simple fix

Archived