PATH TO REDEMPTION

The Shadow Guard

Just realised that with Dark Vengeance I will have 5 Tactical Dreadnought Squads...The new one can be the Command Squad I think. Guess I should run Deathwing more often now. The extra bikes are nice, but mean I have 1 full Ravenwing Attack Squad and two units of 3 bikes. Still trying to work out how to make that Tactical Squad a Devastator Squad.

I'm in the same drop pod as you. Although, I was thinking of spreading these among my other 4 squads and using their old DA styled sgts as a command squad. The winged Term will be their new leader.

As for a DEV squad, you can always get three more Dark Vengeance boxes for an all plasma one. B)

Otherwise, depending on how the models actually are, the TAC marines with their bolters up against their torsos could be trimmed easier and given a new heavy weapon to hold against themselves (hopefully covering any modeling sins). The most you might need to add is an extra arm or two from your bitz box.

Cheers,

If anyone needs redemption, it is I.

I failed ETL in a huge way, painting a mere 12 Marines out of a half Battle Company. Boo, Hisss!

But I've come back to 40K after burnout and experimenting with another system.

bring it!

My warp sense implies that their is not a drop of paint involved. Quite probably we will see many tear drops before this path is completed.

Careful little brothers.

No paint?

Would it be another taking up of pens again so soon since the last one in May?

*Scooby Doo voice* R'uh R'oh!!!

Um, I'm ready to go now. Hello? Funny thing, the door to this room doesn't have a handle on this side.

Helloooo? :lol:

Just realised that with Dark Vengeance I will have 5 Tactical Dreadnought Squads...The new one can be the Command Squad I think. Guess I should run Deathwing more often now. The extra bikes are nice, but mean I have 1 full Ravenwing Attack Squad and two units of 3 bikes. Still trying to work out how to make that Tactical Squad a Devastator Squad.

That's easy! Split them in two, and make TWO devastator squads by adding one sergeant, two tactical marines, and seven heavy weapon marines...you end up with a spare plasma-gunner, though...Still, not a lot of waste, and a DA plasmagunner should be pretty marketable, maybe even get a clean swop for a heavy weapon marine?

Im getting the Dark Vengance set tomorrow and was planning to start an Angels of Vengance army so If you'll except a new member to the Unforgiven join you then I'll rise to the challenge.

it's very good to see the unforgiven still full of enthusiasm..... soon ... everything will be revealed..... not yet but very soon!! :HQ:

SG

SG,

It's already 4 AM on September 1st for you. you can tell us now, right? :D

Do not try to awaken the Venerable Dreadnought without the proper rites... doing so entails risks no one is willing to take! :)

Well, I pre-ordered the box set with the intention of converting all of the contents to my other marine armies... But, seeing as the models will not be converted without an extreme amount of work, I may just have to paint up a whole DA force. Just really wish the codex was out as well.

Welcome back Sox! Having a huge backlog is certainly an asset... The Path to Redemption is an arduous one! ;)

Thanks for the welcome Capt!

Trust me, you will not be disappointed. It's not the biggest army, but I'm excited to be slowly building it.

;)

Nice to be back too. This time, for good!

Oh yes.... about my banner... the shame, the shame. :(

Archived