Fallen and iconography.

DJ Dizzy

Hey there, after having a look at the new starter set, I was wondering whether or not The Fallen joined other legions after the fall, while maintaining some of their DA iconography. Specifically, I want to paint the librarian and the interrogater-chaplain into a Word Bearer sorcerer and Dark Apostle.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Completely up to you. Just about all of the above has happened. From pretending to still be loyalists, to outright supporting the Legions, to becoming Mercenaries or Warlords.

Try to keep them in Word Bearer colors or Crusade Dark Angels Black.

Well from what I saw from the rare few 'appearances' of the Fallen in stories, they tend to have no emblems and heraldry indicating allegiance. Probably to make it hard to identify them as former DA.

Though if one joined a powerful Wordbearer contingent, it is not unlikely he may have kept some old symbols to spite his foes. Really sending out the message.. I'm a Fallen and I taunt thee! mwuhahahaha...

Though I got the impression WB's would be inclined to discard such symbols and replace everything with more Chaos related religious symbols etc.

I have the feeling WB are a very conservative bunch, they do not accept anything in their ranks, i think it would be very hard for a fallen squad / band to join a host and gleefully become a word bearer. They would be accepted as marines, but would not have the same respect as pure-pure gene word bearers, and thuss would not be able to become dark apostles, first acolytes or coryphai.

But you could use them as sorcerer / captain of a fallen host who has joined a WB host, or a small offset of a WB host who joined a fallen warband.

Modelling wise i'd keep the primary color black, with some legion specific colours ( helmets, shoulderpads, a red eight-pointed star on the chest, or whatever)

Well from what I saw from the rare few 'appearances' of the Fallen in stories, they tend to have no emblems and heraldry indicating allegiance. Probably to make it hard to identify them as former DA.

Though if one joined a powerful Wordbearer contingent, it is not unlikely he may have kept some old symbols to spite his foes. Really sending out the message.. I'm a Fallen and I taunt thee! mwuhahahaha...

Though I got the impression WB's would be inclined to discard such symbols and replace everything with more Chaos related religious symbols etc.

Cypher still has his backpack-DA-icon-thingy iirc.

Cypher still has his backpack-DA-icon-thingy iirc.

yeah but cypher may/may not be trying to seek redemption for the fallen who regret their rebellion

I last played my Fallen as loyalists in 4th edition. I've been considering loyalists again, but the Chaos 'dex is calling. I may have to break down and get a 5th edition codex, but I'm trying my best to hold out for a new one.

I'm thinking of going back to Word Bearers, if only to make a Dark Apostle out of the new DA Interrogator Chaplain.

...I may have to break down and get a 5th edition codex...

Good luck finding one. There is no 5th Edition Chaos Marine codex. Only Ultras, Wolves, and Blood Angels received 5th Editions out of the normal marines (Grey Knights, not normal). Black Templar is 4th, and Dark Angels and Chaos are 4.5.

...I may have to break down and get a 5th edition codex...

Good luck finding one. There is no 5th Edition Chaos Marine codex. Only Ultras, Wolves, and Blood Angels received 5th Editions out of the normal marines (Grey Knights, not normal). Black Templar is 4th, and Dark Angels and Chaos are 4.5.

Wow. Thanks, I didn't know that. I may have the 4E one packed away. I better get looking before the new one hurris up and arrives. :)

Archived