How do you paint Deathwing?

KYR GKIKAS

The termies in the box set I am going to do black, representative of before the genestealers attack on Caliban. Also will work better in the up-coming HH battles, hopefully I will be able to play in them.

The termies in the box set I am going to do black, representative of before the genestealers attack on Caliban. Also will work better in the up-coming HH battles, hopefully I will be able to play in them.

There was no 'stealer attack on Caliban old bean... It was one of the worlds the DA now recruit from, and the termies painted theri armour white before their attack on the ensconsed Stealer Cult lair since they expected to all die in the attack...

Not that it should fall to a Blood Angel to keep an initiate into the secrets of the Deathwing to remind you of history of course....

BTW - got a guy here in black armour with a big sword says he's one of yours, do you want to come and collect him or shall we let him go again? :lol:

I've played around with the new GW colors long enough now that I can tell you what I've found works the best for Deathwing armor.

Over Black Primer:

Basecoat Rakarth Flesh

Wash Agrax Earthshade

Layer Pallid Wych Flesh

Highlight White Scar

Simple 4 step armor.

Sorry I don't have any pics to show you an example, but I discovered this formula while painting scraps of cloth on my Orks.

Give it a try, you might like it.

Archived