A tale of 20 gamers Parallel thread

Sign me up for the XIth legion. Im going to use this as my basis for them gallery_54406_7648_199792.jpg

I like the feel your going for with the XIth. Both the quartered paint scheme and the ornate look of the armor are unique enough to create a whole new legion. Ready to watch them develop.

@devil fish sorry but theyre taken, any others you like? Just. Because your new doesn't mean you dont get!!

Added you all guys, this is getting full quite quick now! :tu:

In other news I have found the art that I will use so I will post It later, as a kind of helping way as to how to post it;p

The emperor

Note to thread: Just so everyone knows the Primarch art shown in my post was not painted by me. I found that art on www.DAKKADAKKA.com. I traced the artist to a person known as Saint-Max on Deviant Art. I am inspiried from Saint-Max's randition of the lost primarch to do him credit, and make a combat squad. :) Hopefully the model will do justince, and this will be the first in history for me (DK2K) to do quartered armor.

I like the feel your going for with the XIth. Both the quartered paint scheme and the ornate look of the armor are unique enough to create a whole new legion. Ready to watch them develop.

I hope it turns out good. *fingers crossed*

@DarkAngelDelight: Yes I am going to try to sculpt oceanic motives on the armor. I titled them the Kraken Guards just cause it sounds cool, and it ties in with the Atlantis look of the Primarch. ( Manann)

@DarkAngelDelight: Yes I am going to try to sculpt oceanic motives on the armor. I titled them the Kraken Guards just cause it sounds cool, and it ties in with the Atlantis look of the Primarch. ( Manann)

Kraken Guards.. i like that, it's got a good ring to it. wonder if anywhere sells tridents? they might make for some lovely power/relic weapons. or even counts as halberds.

i'm interested to see how you do the armour, the colours and the sculpting.

I should have a few marines painted up in a few days, to test out different greens and such. i have a few green schemes i might follow, top two/three being;

(hopefully these links work!)

the dark angels cover art, the green is quite pale and a bit bluey to me, which i love

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=new+white...r:0,s:134,i:190

or the siege of vraks/ new azrael colours. which is almost like a raptors green

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2012...-Sgt_Boreas.jpg

or i could go for the bog standard..... :)

I'm ordering a squad of Mk II from Forgeworld Thursday. I've found some heads from puppets war to represent the siege masters of the IV a little better I think. How do they look to all of you guys?

http://puppetswar.eu/img/p/121-502-large.jpg

Yeah you can!!!!!! How's everyone coming along, I've got 5 mark4 ready for building, and an order for 5 more and umbra bolters from forge world. How about you all?

The Emperor

I have a few bits and bobs that i've managed to dig up, like two sets of mk6 armour that i need to strip and some mk5 (i'm a sucker for studded armour!) assault marines that need stripping also. I'm gonna have to make some cloaks and stuff for them when i can to tie them in with the rest or the 1st. has anyone tries making cloaks robes from superfine milliput before??

I'm ordering a squad of Mk II from Forgeworld Thursday. I've found some heads from puppets war to represent the siege masters of the IV a little better I think. How do they look to all of you guys?

http://puppetswar.eu/img/p/121-502-large.jpg

yeah they look cool, are you going to have those heads on all your marines or just the officers and such?

I have 5 raptors painted up, i just need to get the jump packs from chapterhouse, it took him a week and a half to ship them but they should be here soon.

I may place a FW order this week, but given the time restraint I started to do some sculpting last night (turned Corvus heads into Maximus, changing the teeth on chain-swords, rimless shoulder-guards, etc...).

My pre-heresy knowledge is far less extensive than most - which patterns of power-armour should I avoid using parts from? I know Aquilas are a definate no-no, but what about purity seals? The Imperial Cult was only budding, were spae-marines adorned with purity-seals the same as they are now?

Last question for y'all, - one on banners. I am doing up a command squad for an XVIII Legion - what is the take on battle-standards? I paint company banners and personnal heraldries all the time, but am drawing a blank on fresh ideas for this one. What sort of organizational back-drop am I looking at? ( Were the Legion's divided into Companies as chapter are?)

Just put an order in for 2x 5 man from FW (IV and V)...

While I wait for this first squad to arrive, I'll finally get my contemptor (which I purchased a few months ago) cleaned up and hopefully have some time left over to make a few paint scheme test runs on spares I have at home (although my significan other seemed intent on booking my week-end up so we'll see how this goes...).

Oh yeah, I'll also place an order at the local GW store for one of these (see second from top) (when I go and pick up my copy of Dark Vengeance) to see if it can be as easily used to make Luna Wolf icons as it first seems (note : would most likely also work well to make Bran Redmaw company's icons...)

Archived