A tale of 20 gamers Parallel thread

http://puppetswar.eu/img/p/121-502-large.jpg

yeah they look cool, are you going to have those heads on all your marines or just the officers and such?

I am still thinking about using them on all Tactical Marines or just Sgt. I may use them for tactical marines and

These for sgt's.

http://www.maxmini.eu/store/images/mxm_bits/steamknightnobles.jpg

Any thoughts?

My pre-heresy knowledge is far less extensive than most - which patterns of power-armour should I avoid using parts from?

IIRC you want to avoid using anything past mk5 (heresy) pattern armour. that's if you want to stay in the pre heresy era. thats the cheap armour they made and bonded with studs (hence the excessive use of them).

i'd just say to go for mk5... but that's because i'm byast lol

@ innus bade. personally i like the other heads better. just because they look more iron warriors-y.. :lol:

gallery_68565_7657_797903.jpg

WIP for my Ultra Sgt, I think I want to go with post Heresy. I think it'll be right in the aftermath of the Heresy, right as the MK VII's are coming out and the legion is starting to divide into chapters. Like this guy might have the heraldry of serving under Captain Oar and become one of the first Sons of Oar. I don't know, what do you guys think?

@ Darkangels Delight:

Thanks for the tips. I think I am going to aim for heresy era (That way I can sneak in a beaky head or two and some maximus armour).

Should have my first WiP photo of my seargent with power-mace and plasma-pistol. Just got some sculpting to do on the upped legs tonight, and finish his power-plant.

Alright, guess I'll need a change of plans after all and have to leave the Sons of Horus to someone else...

Since the one reason I didn't pick White Scars in the first place was their reluctance to field dreadnoughts (and I already had a contemptor), I first decided to go with the Sons; however, when I explained my plans to my girlfriend yesterday, she made it clear that the beast would end up in HER army, not mine...

So, The Emperor 111, please sign me up for the V legion instead, the Sons are thus up for grab if anyone else feels like it...

Sorry for the bother!

(Now, to scratchbuild my own jetbikes or to order some from Maxmini, which are, of those I've seen for sale before, my favorite ones)

@ Darkangels Delight:

Thanks for the tips. I think I am going to aim for heresy era (That way I can sneak in a beaky head or two and some maximus armour).

Should have my first WiP photo of my seargent with power-mace and plasma-pistol. Just got some sculpting to do on the upped legs tonight, and finish his power-plant.

No problem, glad to help.

so, i've been trying out different greens. i'm not sure which i'll choose. but at the moment Castellan Green is the one thats making me excited about painting some dark angels

excuse the heavy looking paint job. i literally undercoated it over a friends old paint job then applied the base colour

first is castellan green

gallery_67223_7658_396402.jpg

then waaaagh flesh

gallery_67223_7658_1254090.jpg

then both for comparison

gallery_67223_7658_767114.jpg

I'm still undecided at the moment. might buy some Caliban green to try out on friday along with my dark vengeance box

LUNA WOLVES

So its time to show some ideas for my luna wolves.

Firstly the background: I'm going to do the XVI after the battle of Ulanor but before Istavan. It is going to be around the time that Hourus decides to rename his legion after himself. They will still have their original symbol but will also start to incorporate their new symbol to show honor to their primarch.

They are going to be a combination of Mk 5 and Mk4 armor.

The XVI stylizes their armor like Roman Legionaries from Gaul and the Iberian Peninsula. So I am going to stylize there weaponry and armor to reflect that. They will have spatha, gladius, and roman style shields. Some of there veterans will have horse plumes and crest (done in red). Lastly I will incorporate some wolves pelts with some of there veterans and officers. Picts will be up shortly.

thanks,

The Lifeguard

Almighty: Actually for the time being I plan on making my own (the legion is large). All the characters in the books are much higher ranking officers within the Luna Wolves (especially the Mournival) so once the unit is large enough to warrant a higher-up I plan on making Hastur Sejanus captain of the 4th and favorite of Horus.

Which would put my army within a year of Ulanor.

_the lifeguard

Due to unforeseen financial difficulties I will not be able to partake in this painting blog. I apologize, and hope to participate in the next round. Sorry fella’s. So someone is able to take the 11th if they are up to the challenge.

Right, here is my first batch of models, sorry for the poor photo quality.

gallery_18769_7645_71024.jpg

That contains, a wolf guard pack leader, a smallish pack of grey hunters and my version of heresy era bjorn the fell handed. My wolves are set between the burning of prospero and the attack on terra.

Here is most of my grey hunters and wolf guard painted, just one more with a bolter to do.

gallery_18769_7645_31174.jpg

I havent done most of the bases as I am not entirely sure yet how i am going to do them. Same with the free hand pack markings.

Here is my heresy era Bjorn.

gallery_18769_7645_3799.jpg

I can do closer photos of models in the pack, but i dont want to overload the post.

Archived