A tale of 20 gamers Parallel thread

Alright, life has just taken a very sharp and unexpected turn and I am far from sure I'll be able to devote enough time and/or money to this endeavour in the forseeable future.

With my significant other having been seriously injured yesterday I will have to put this project on ice for a while as I don't expect to have much time to devote to this inbetween work and tending to her needs. I might eventually manage to finish the first combat squad I'd begun working on (cleaning, magnetizing and assembly were already completed, was waiting for proper weather so I could prime 'em) if I can squeeze some painting in, but I definitely won't be in a mood to do much work. I'll take a close look on this thread when at work but otherwise will be unable to contribute.

This is a great time to be working on a pre-H army and I wish you all the best of results! Everything that's been shown so far is great, keep up the good work guys.

Mat

Okay, I don't think this will count towards my monthly contribution, but it's all I've got to show for my efforts atm, so here's Brother Tester;

gallery_65221_7740_320892.jpg

gallery_65221_7740_288424.jpg

gallery_65221_7740_261782.jpg

gallery_65221_7740_288121.jpg

Of course, the lovely Scottish light, so perfect for pictures, hasn't at all ruined my model, destroyed the highlighting etc. *End sarcasm * But terrible pics are better than none. And, as the bolter/gold show, this is a work in progress.

Right, here is my first batch of models, sorry for the poor photo quality.

gallery_18769_7645_71024.jpg

That contains, a wolf guard pack leader, a smallish pack of grey hunters and my version of heresy era bjorn the fell handed. My wolves are set between the burning of prospero and the attack on terra.

Here is most of my grey hunters and wolf guard painted, just one more with a bolter to do.

gallery_18769_7645_31174.jpg

I havent done most of the bases as I am not entirely sure yet how i am going to do them. Same with the free hand pack markings.

Here is my heresy era Bjorn.

gallery_18769_7645_3799.jpg

I can do closer photos of models in the pack, but i dont want to overload the post.

Those are really awesome. Word Bearers were my first choice but you beat me to it.

Well I finally finished my first 5 man squad. Dark Mechanicus troopers. I think I need to make the colors different from the regular mechanicum. I just havent found any artwork showing anything. I plan to make them more evil looking I am not really satisfied right now.

Also trying to figure out how to insert images. The insert image icon asks for a url, but the photos are on my hard drive not the internet. Forgive my ignorance this is the first time I have really ever posted on forums I normally just read them.

Hi Hive Mind

Firstly, my marines are Space Wolves, not Word Bearers. But thanks for the compliment.

Secondly, with regards to posting pictures on here. You need to create an album for them first-through the 'My Albums' button at the top. Then you need to upload some pictures to there. After that you should be able to get a url from each picture, copy and paste it onto the thread. I tend to preview first before posting, just to make sure.

This tends to be the bit I copy

gallery_18769_7053_30023.jpg

I hope that vaguely helps

Hi Hive Mind

Firstly, my marines are Space Wolves, not Word Bearers. But thanks for the compliment.

Secondly, with regards to posting pictures on here. You need to create an album for them first-through the 'My Albums' button at the top. Then you need to upload some pictures to there. After that you should be able to get a url from each picture, copy and paste it onto the thread. I tend to preview first before posting, just to make sure.

This tends to be the bit I copy

gallery_18769_7053_30023.jpg

I hope that vaguely helps

Reaper man,

Thanks for the reply I will get my photos up today. My first few posts went to the wrong posts. Like I said this is the first time I have really posted on forums so still working out the wrinkles. I meant to reply to the word bearers. Your wolves are exceptional though and are coming along great.

im going to be late with my first submission, my compressor has gone caputt and in an attempt to fix it i ended up electrocuting myself... so no deathguard until its replaced (looking at next week before i even get to base coat :P )

ill try and make up for it by doing a full 10 man squad rather than just 5.

I copied the BBC code from the photo but I keep geting this error when I try to post it. Not sure what I am doing wrong. Forgive my retardness.

THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND

You have entered a link to a website that the administrator does not allow links to

You need to add [img-] Link here [-/img] to either side for it to show. minus my little -'s so then you get the results below.

gallery_43594_7749_1415431.jpg

I like the models though, the contrast between the red and the sharp white kinda honestly makes me think Christmas. xD Santa's new elves.

Right, rather than finishing a single squad like I had planned, I have moved between too many other things.

Firstly i tried an alternative painting method for some of them.

gallery_18769_7645_10059.jpg

gallery_18769_7645_2218.jpg

gallery_18769_7645_39092.jpg

Looks pretty good in real life but takes twice as long to do at least so I am probably not going to carry on with it.

So I finally figured all this B&C picture posting out, I also needed a memory card adapter. I didn't do a 5 man squad this month I created the IV Primarch himself Perturabo.

Here is some assembly for Perturabo.

gallery_68839_7780_4449733.jpg

His cloak and shoulder pauldrens

gallery_68839_7780_3973034.jpg

I assembled him completely leaving off his shoulder pauldrens and cloak for ease of painting.

gallery_68839_7780_3577700.jpg

Perturabo with all his silver blinged out.

gallery_68839_7780_3791395.jpg

Trim complete

gallery_68839_7780_2873212.jpg

Next up I'll have some completed shots of the big guy. C&C welcome.

Perturabo ready for his close up guys. Let's take a trip around him.

gallery_68839_7780_4575194.jpg

gallery_68839_7780_4512997.jpg

gallery_68839_7780_4300815.jpg

Here's a close-up of Forgebreaker (Perturabo's Hammer)

gallery_68839_7780_3312185.jpg

gallery_68839_7780_2326743.jpg

gallery_68839_7780_3178474.jpg

For scale here he is next to one of my WIP Mk V marines.

gallery_68839_7780_2210466.jpg

That's it for my 1st deadline. Now onto the squad of Mk V marines. I should have some updates on them in a few days. C&C welcome from all.

Well seems like time is running out for this month but I finished my five guys( except basing and some little details) so here they are...

gallery_67643_7414_517983.jpg

Also WOW at all the new horus heresy stuff coming out!

Almighty Im lovin the Imperial Fists. The red is contrasting well to the yellow. Keep it up.

Thanks FeelNoShane your Perturabo is really well painted! Also whenever Forgeworld releases Perturabo do you plan on getting him?

Also for this month I'm gonna try to get 5 cataphract terminators if Forgeworld releases them this month.

Thanks a ton Almighty. I plan on purchasing every Primarch FW produces and will build a 10-20 man unit for their legion. It will give me a chance to collect every legion and break up the Boltgun and Gold while I add to the Iron Warriors.

Those models are very VERY cool. I plan to have roughly 15-20 as Perturabo's bodyguard. Good luck with your order.

If no one has taken the ultramarines, I'd be happy to, as you can see Here, it just be more motivation to work on them.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8032/8045627244_f0719dbbdd.jpg

Untitled by vazzy2012, on Flickr

"How does a planet die? Is it a quick, sudden thing, or is it a slow process, a corruption of the population? In my opinion, it is neither. A world dies beneath the boots of an invading army, beneath the feet of a Legion. That's how a world dies;one step at a time." -Attributed to Chapter Master Aratheon, Ultramarines 14th chapter

Archived