Pre Heresy Salamander Videos

Chuffy

Hiya Guys and Girls,

I have been running a YouTube channel for about a year now gotten about 450 Sub. So I have a bit of content on there now so I am going about sharing it out to see if its of interest to other.

I have a Pre Heresy Salamanders Army (Lots of Forge World Goodies) and Necrons up there at the mo. Please check it out and if you want comment, rate and sub if you like it.

My Pre Heresy Salamanders :

My Channel : Chuffy1976

Thanks

Chuffy

My comment is going to be somewhat short as I'm taking the time to watch all your channels videos.

Elysian heads on scouts: they look bloody brilliant, good usage of kit. I agree with you though that the GW plastic scouts suck in terms of modelling and poses.

Deimos pattern rhino: the brass etch looks fantastic painted, if FW ever comes out with something I can use, I'll pick some up. You've convinced me to invest in those tamiya weathering effects as well.

Tac marines: nice to see that you are really taking the time to model all these troops with the correct backpacks, shoulderpads, etc. It must've cost a fortune, but looks so good! A nice usage of 2nd edition bolters- they look very similar to phobos<?> pattern boltguns.

Contemptor: this is the video I'm currently watching. In a previous video, you said you shaved the aquila off because it was a post heresy detail. and yet the contemptor is sporting an aquila. Did you/are you going to fix that?

He'stan: bah, such a nitpick I have but the conversion kit legs with bionic are mk. 6 "corvus pattern", I would've really liked to see a conversion to a mk. 4 or mk. 5 for the non bionic greave. Oh well, the model still looks great!

Overall, a very visually striking force. Keep up the good work!

Fantastic vids. Good to see someone doing the Salamanders some justice with correct shoulder pads, brass etc.

Agree with The_Chaplain. The Elysian heads are way better than the Buzz lightyear style ones that come withe the models. I did sort of the same thing myself but with PigIron HD.6 Heavy Infantry Visored heads (not GW legal though I suppose).

Have never seen that kneeling metal sniper before. I hope we get some Scout resculpts soon...

Keep it up and will look at more of your stuff tomorrow :woot:

Thanks guys, Its a working progress and I am going to change all my terminators to the new Tartros pattern but with the pre heresy style terminator pads. This will take a little while due to costs :S damn forge world prices. But there is more to come the biggest thing I need to do is get better at green stuff work but its not something I have time for yet but I will soonish.

Cheers

Chuff

Yeah I had 3200 pts on there was a great day, and a bit hot in there with 10 blokes in one room lol. I spent most of my time watching after my flyers zooming across the battlefield. I help hold the first board from hrud coming up at our backs.

Thanks

Chuff

Archived