Trying to write background information

Right, so my clean slate Warband based on the Antecanis Massacre is now going. I haven't decided on the name, but I've got colors and Marine composition from some of the last survivors of the 17 Year Battle for Antecanis by those Abbadon left behind to escape the Imperial Counter Attack. This includes members of the World Eaters, Word Bearers, Apostles of MinthRas, and the Purge. I've concluded on abandoning any use of Black Legionaires and Dhar'leth's Vanguard. A strange twist of fate, I'm including a small handful of renegade Silver Skulls, with the new Warlord being a Silver Skull himself. http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac116/incinerator950/csmphp.jpg Here be rough of the paint. I may change the helmet and alter the Red so its not so Bloody, but it offered the best contrast given the current state being a painter based off what I made a few weeks ago.

Right now I have to piece together what it took, between Honor Duels and being separated from the Skulls long enough to renounce his Oaths. What's mind boggling is I'm trying to piece how this group will survive and escape from the Death Trap. I only speculate this being a smaller Warband (for the time being), but I would rather write out they used Subterfuge and brutal boarding action against an Imperial Ship using former Silver Skull markings and captured vessel/s. Hence my topic in other board about Imperial Ship specs for the Imperial Navy.

I'm almost inclined to drop the Silver Skulls involvement for a more Chaos Undivided Streak, with the Warbands having Devout Alignments, but right now I'd rather turn the group into a Mercenary force keyed for Infantry with a heavy specialization to Urban Combat and scavenging. Lending some sane tactical ingenuity. I really don't want to go "He prayed for a magical pony to deliver the prayers of the Dark Ones to suck the survivors into the Warp while the remaining Imperials received the blessing of a Sharpened Spike up the arse of the unwary tool."

Right, so my clean slate Warband based on the Antecanis Massacre is now going. I haven't decided on the name, but I've got colors and Marine composition from some of the last survivors of the 17 Year Battle for Antecanis by those Abbadon left behind to escape the Imperial Counter Attack. This includes members of the World Eaters, Word Bearers, Apostles of MinthRas, and the Purge. I've concluded on abandoning any use of Black Legionaires and Dhar'leth's Vanguard. A strange twist of fate, I'm including a small handful of renegade Silver Skulls, with the new Warlord being a Silver Skull himself. http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac116/incinerator950/csmphp.jpg Here be rough of the paint. I may change the helmet and alter the Red so its not so Bloody, but it offered the best contrast given the current state being a painter based off what I made a few weeks ago.

Right now I have to piece together what it took, between Honor Duels and being separated from the Skulls long enough to renounce his Oaths. What's mind boggling is I'm trying to piece how this group will survive and escape from the Death Trap. I only speculate this being a smaller Warband (for the time being), but I would rather write out they used Subterfuge and brutal boarding action against an Imperial Ship using former Silver Skull markings and captured vessel/s. Hence my topic in other board about Imperial Ship specs for the Imperial Navy.

I'm almost inclined to drop the Silver Skulls involvement for a more Chaos Undivided Streak, with the Warbands having Devout Alignments, but right now I'd rather turn the group into a Mercenary force keyed for Infantry with a heavy specialization to Urban Combat and scavenging. Lending some sane tactical ingenuity. I really don't want to go "He prayed for a magical pony to deliver the prayers of the Dark Ones to suck the survivors into the Warp while the remaining Imperials received the blessing of a Sharpened Spike up the arse of the unwary tool."

Awesome and very complex backstory so far! Impressive and I see your hardly finished with it.

As for ships, I dont think you need to play role playing games to find this book interesting then: http://store.fantasyflightgames.com/produc...ls.cfm?SKU=RT09 (if you want to just cheack out the various awesome ships found and described within and dont play the game itself, I guess I will recommend.....torrents, ehem..)

Just an idea for for you: What about managing to board and commander a, say, cruiser, belonging to a more millitaristic Rouge Trader who was at the time part of the imperial defending forces? With their Warrant of Trades, what better vessels can you find if you want to escape imperial persecution? Just some food for thought anyways :rolleyes:

Rogue Trader might work actually. Space Marine Striker Cruisers are harder to explain (and used more), and from a writing standpoint I don't need to spend hours trying to narrow down the jackass who wrote that the Imperial's Light vessels have crews in the tens of thousands, where Space Marine equivalents have a fraction in Serfs and automated servants.

I'll take a look at that link.

Right now I have to piece together what it took, between Honor Duels and being separated from the Skulls long enough to renounce his Oaths.

Silver Skulls are the chapter that won't put on their socks without consulting the Emperor's Tarot, right? Your rogue Silver Skull could have got portents of such monumental doom that the he undertook extreme action, winding up on the wrong side of an excommunication. Which, now that I've thought about it is sort of like the Alpha Legion. Which could still be awesome, I guess. OR, heavy reliance on mysticism allowed them to be manipulated by Tzeentch, the Changer of Ways, who put them too far down the rabbit hole to come back once they realized what they were doing.

Or, such portents within the chapter labeled your Silver Skull as doomed, so was never allowed to advance in the ranks by Chapter Decree, even though he is more than a capable leader. Such an action may eat at a weaker soul, eventually leading to him bringing that specific portent into reality as he began hacking apart his loyalist brothers who refused to follow him.

Edit: *facepalm* which is pretty much what Max was suggesting. Ignore me please...

Side note, I'm thinking of adding a two-paint striped Camouflage to the Red sections on the Pauldrons and Lower Leg plates.

Kinda like hazard stripes except camo colored? Hmm that would be interesting. With the red/silver/grey paint scheme though I dunno, guess I'd have to see it though to judge.

Yeah I know, thanks for the update. Now I have to draw a line in the stone where that Mysticism stops, as I'm trying to avoid a tied army to mystique like that.

...Lost faith in the Emperor after the Tarot forbidding his promotions, led a ground team to assist Imperial Guard regiments fighting Traitor Marines. Within a decade of the lack of moral support from being separated from Leadership and the Chaplains, our Sergeant struck out.

Do we limit Collateral damage to his quad, or shall we include some Imperial Guard targets? Say Officers of Rank?

Edit: No, like Tiger Stripes or older gen schemes. I'm not entirely sure, someone on LL made the notion that we could play a little Red Corsair and make the Armor colors less uniform by applying bits of each color to different pieces, but I like the uniformity.

I wanted to include some of his squad as renegades, but I'm considering a complete outcast might be better. Will wait on supportive Brain storming for more direction. Might give the Lord a Silver Helmet as a trophy or...some word that completely slips my mind. Like a desecration or insult.

Yeah, I'm very fond of Camouflage, and I have no trouble looking for older patterns/Pre Great War ideas as well. It might also help give it a bit of unique flavor, as Black and Red are very common.

My army buddy is going to help me with some ideas on the principles of Urban Combat, and 1000 heathens gave me a good foundation of building the Warband off cannibalized parts and a deficit of higher technology like Las Cannons, Plasma Weapons. Although spoils go to higher ranks/successful units.

My army buddy is going to help me with some ideas on the principles of Urban Combat...

*raises hand*

9+ years, active duty, half of that spent downrange. Not saying your friend is a poor source, just offering another, man.

Total outcast makes more sense and is more cinematic in my opinion. If his entire squad goes with him, what reason could they have besides, "we are super loyal to our leader, and feel slightly betrayed because we are out of contact." Which is a little weak, when it comes to astartes. However, if they were out of contact, and the squad over the years notices that their sgt is progressively getting more and more "regagade-like." That forces a situation, where he has to wrestle with inner doubts about his path. Eventually he plunges into the "void" and slaughters them all for the sake of his own survival.

Total outcast makes more sense and is more cinematic in my opinion.

If he's going solo, you could work in the Silver Skulls fluff about them being all about taking heads as trophies and silver plating them. It's canon that their interest in skulls is abnormal even for Space Marines, which is pretty amazing if you think about it. Maybe his squad are the skulls currently hanging from chains all over his armor. Heck, maybe they even still talk to him, driving him mad with endless prophecy...

And then there's the tattoo thing. It would be neat to give him boss facial markings when you make his model. Very Silver Skulls thing to do, I understand.

EDIT to add the prophecy bit.

If he's going solo, you could work in the Silver Skulls fluff about them being all about taking heads as trophies and silver plating them. It's canon that their interest in skulls is abnormal even for Space Marines, which is pretty amazing if you think about it. Maybe his squad are the skulls currently hanging from chains all over his armor. Heck, maybe they even still talk to him...

Epic, I like that idea.

And then there's the tattoo thing. It would be neat to give him boss facial markings when you make his model. Very Silver Skulls thing to do, I understand.

Ummm...I hate to say it, but I'd have to go with 'no' on this one. Only Captains and above are allowed the honour of a facial tattoo.

If he's going solo, you could work in the Silver Skulls fluff about them being all about taking heads as trophies and silver plating them. It's canon that their interest in skulls is abnormal even for Space Marines, which is pretty amazing if you think about it. Maybe his squad are the skulls currently hanging from chains all over his armor. Heck, maybe they even still talk to him...

Epic, I like that idea.

THIS!

I prefer helmets anyway.

I may go ith wthe Silver Skull Chain idea. Not sure, the Lord Model is being planned out, but I'm going to kitbash a plainer Lord with Mk 8 Armor. So for now we're going to stick to the basic paint job. I'll add Camouflage later if need be, doesn't mesh with the Red well, and especially since the buildings aren't pink bricks for demolished urban environments.

Anyway, the Leviathan DLC for ME3 is coming up in a few hours, so any thoughts I have are going to be put on hold for the next couple of days.

Ummm...I hate to say it, but I'd have to go with 'no' on this one. Only Captains and above are allowed the honour of a facial tattoo.

Maybe he got the tattoos after he "promoted himself"? Maybe the tattoos should exhibit a distinct chaos style?

I hate to go against the grain, but you could include his entire squad if they were like the "bad omens" squad. You know group the unlucky guys together so that their bad omens don't screw anyone else up. They get thrown into the worst situations where they aren't expected to come back, but they keep right on surviving. The the Tarot says "Get rid of them or else!" so they basically get left to die on a suicide mission with no extraction coming. Surrounded by CSM the enemy sorcerer tells them essentially

"Ha ha, your chapter has abandoned you, your emperor has abandoned you, just as we were abandoned. Join us and you will have a place, a purpose, and true brothers. Join us and taste true power, or die here and be forgotten."

Before that their faith had been wavering, then it shattered in that instant as the whispers of chaos entered their minds. They pledged themselves to it and found strength in it.

Anyways I'm ranting,I'll stop now.

Archived