Name a 1kSons Dreadnought

Kierdale

I have a dreadnought in the works for my Great Crusade Thousand Sons and he needs a name, hence I thought I'd see what my fellow 1KSons-fans can come up with. Bear in mind the army has strong Egyptian-influences (names, bitz, etc) so I'm looking for something meaningful.

Any suggestions?

I'd say look up Ancient Baylonian and Egyptian names, everything from scribes, clerics and merchants up to Pharaohs, kings and Gods, it's what I do.

Oh that's what I always do, I just wondered if anyone had any particular suggestions or favourites :)

Being as Chaos doesn't tend to have the same level of respect or care for their dreadnoughts compared to loyalists, I would imagine that much of the original occupants' personality, even name, would be lost to the ages and a new personality and new name/title would be created. Being intombed would likely drive the marine crazy anyway, so even they wouldn't remember who or what they were.

Instead of a normal, mortal name, I would give it a title or a name that is more in line with a warship than a person.

Titles are fun, titles are cool.

How about something along the lines of:

Melech the Gifted (ironically now gifted with a sarcophagus & dread body)

Naamaj, the hand of Magnus

Ilnis, the light Eternal

Akhenaten, the pharoah who set the sun above the gods.

I do like the sound of Akhenaten...yes...researched him a bit and it shouldn't be too hard to sculpt/carve his name in hieroglyphs (the shorter version of his name, anyway) into a bit of GS plating.

Titles are fun, titles are cool.

How about something along the lines of:

Melech the Gifted (ironically now gifted with a sarcophagus & dread body)

Naamaj, the hand of Magnus

Ilnis, the light Eternal

And a title, that would be good too. Most fitting for a hero of the Legion...

Akhenaten the Gifted it is then, I believe.

If I ever did a Thousand Son army pre or post - Heresy and had a dreadnought, I'd call it En Sabah Nur otherwise known as Apocalypse :angry:

If I ever did a Thousand Son army pre or post - Heresy and had a dreadnought, I'd call it En Sabah Nur otherwise known as Apocalypse :tu:

Well now, I think that might be a very fitting name for a Silver Tower of Tzeentch!

I plan to make one for Apoc' games (couldn't be a more fitting name, could there?) in the future. Though my marines are Pre-Heresy, I figure such a set-piece model would be excusable, thralls lobbing Doom Bolts; Telekines keeping it aloft; something like the EmpireLuminark at the top as the Beam of Power...

Just need the time and money!

Archived