Gothic Sentry Tower: a custom bastion for my marines

2500kgm3

If any of you has visited my Work in Progress thread on this forums, you will already know I have finished the custom bastion I built for my Marine chapter. I started scratch building cardboard pieces decorated with putty sculpts and casted these pieces in resin. The result was a modular system allowing me to create a wide range of buildings, suitable for both Fantasy and 40k.

In fact, this building is way bigger than a standard bastion (it's about 11.5 inches tall), but I always felt the Games Workshop bastion was too small.

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2012/8/30/407046_sm-Bastion,%20Buildings,%20Conversion,%20Custom,%20Fortress,%20Gothic,%20Modular,%20Terrain.jpg

You can watch me dryfitting the pieces of the tower on this video:

And you can watch me assembling the painted pieces of the tower in the following video, including some extra configurations for bigger buildings near the end of the video:

VERY nice, followed your WIP of this and I must say it comes out even better with paint on it!!

now if only there was a half-ruined version of this, giving easy acces to the upper levels...*unsubtle hint* :erm:

If you want my advice, get the kits and break some pieces along a diagonal line with either a saw, or by fixing it to a flat surface and smashing it with a hammer (It's not easy to break by any means) that way you will have both a broken wall section and some very fitting rubble pieces.

I did it to my first miscast piece (the hammer smash option) and it worked great xD

Archived