Iron Warriors Siege Scouts

Pig Of Sparta

As time consuming as they were these hazard stripes are as nothing compared to some Sanguinary Guard I painted for a commission a couple of years ago; I layered and highlighted every single feather on both sides of every single jump pack's wings through 4 or five times if I remember rightly. Once I'd finished them I counted how many feathers there were on the wings and multiplied up to see how many feathers I'd actually painted, it turned out it was 3200!!

Back on topic; to be honest it was a little of both. I used Iyanden Darksun for the yellow so coverage wasn't really that much of an issue an any slight patchiness seemed to enhance the slightly dirtied look I was aiming for with the squad.

The straight lines were a little more time consuming but because I did the yellow over the black rather than vice versa it was easier to cover any major slip ups with some Chaos Black... that masking tape probably would have come in real handy though :P thanks for the tip!

James

Man, my lazy butt takes six months off and I come back to find you still churning out brilliant models. Very inspiring stuff, I've never really liked the brighter take on iron warriors GW and others have done, these guys are sleek and deadly looking. The great paint job goes without saying, the "feel" of the squad impressed me the most. If this is a precursor to a whole army, I'm strapped in and ready for that ride.

Archived