Dreadlist no fun no more

Judaz

The only AV12 Dreads that are under any threat are the DC ones, and they can make their points back in one round of assault with Talons. AND they can now be directed rather than Raging off at randon targets.

This sounds very 'the sky is falling on my head' to me, rather than actually looking for solutions.

It's not that I don't have solutions. I've dropped the HS Dreads and brought in some other stuff. But that's not the issue. The way I played in 5th was very aggressive, move forward, shoot, move, assault. It was a lot of Dreads in your face all the time. Worked sometimes, sometimes I crashed and burned. But in 6th, the only Dreads I have had success with is the Furioso. Both the DC and the regular Dread have failed big time.

And I don't expect to be able to play 6th the way I played 5th. I was merely asking if anyone else have used them and made it work. And as a personal experience I've found 6th to be less fun since the reason I started playing BA was to play a list full of Dreadnoughts. And now I don't seem to be able to make it work.

Is it a game breaking problem? Of course not. Is it a big problem? Nope. Do I find it less fun to play? Yep.

5th was the age of Armour.

6th is the age of infantry. And bikes.

Guess I'll have to get my Dreads to ride some really big bikes.

It's not that I don't have solutions. I've dropped the HS Dreads and brought in some other stuff. But that's not the issue. The way I played in 5th was very aggressive, move forward, shoot, move, assault. It was a lot of Dreads in your face all the time. Worked sometimes, sometimes I crashed and burned. But in 6th, the only Dreads I have had success with is the Furioso. Both the DC and the regular Dread have failed big time.

Or ally in some ironclads... :devil:

Shielding the dreads with the pods and using a techmarine to restore hull pts, try that.

Or ally in some ironclads... :o

Shielding the dreads with the pods and using a techmarine to restore hull pts, try that.

Damn. I have forgotten about those guys! I can ally in more Dready goodness! It's just one, but still.

I usually drop down the DC dreads and furiosos in pods, but the HS dreads walk up mid-board and get crushed there. And that techmarine, running around close to units that assault my dreads? Thats a gutsy move :devil:

Damn. I have forgotten about those guys! I can ally in more Dready goodness! It's just one, but still.

I usually drop down the DC dreads and furiosos in pods, but the HS dreads walk up mid-board and get crushed there. And that techmarine, running around close to units that assault my dreads? Thats a gutsy move :lol:

Go for a MotF, free servo harness and ironclads for both elites an heavy support! Put him in a tac squad and pod him in or use a bike. He only has to be in base2base in the shooting phase, so running with a tac squad they could fire away at something else while he patches up a dread.

I usually drop down the DC dreads and furiosos in pods, but the HS dreads walk up mid-board and get crushed there. And that techmarine, running around close to units that assault my dreads? Thats a gutsy move :devil:

Go for a MotF, free servo harness and ironclads for both elites an heavy support! Put him in a tac squad and pod him in or use a bike. He only has to be in base2base in the shooting phase, so running with a tac squad they could fire away at something else while he patches up a dread.

Ill +1 this, MoTF on a bike and conversion beamer if youll be holding back to support your mid field would be a very strong anchor unit.

And I just remembered that I have a Dark Vengeance box coming soon. I hope those DA symbols are easy to get rid of.

Why not take some Lamentors, they are a codex chapter right? But yellow is so damn hard to paint and I dread (no pun, yeah right) to paint those checkers.

Iron hands would be the one chapter that use Ironclads, but the only black guys I want are those with rage. Lamentors or Salamanders sounds most tempting.

Tomorrow I will proxy my HS Dreads as Ironclads. I hope it works as good as it used to :devil:

well, I'm going for a nine pod list with 3 furiosos and 2 kited out ironclads[maybe a lucious pod if allowed, I have one:)!] as well as 3 units of devastators.

I'm not going to ally with another chapter[rules wise I have to ,but fluff wise... ;P] I'll get a Master of the blade and his tooled up dreads, so I can paint em all BA, of course his ironclads can't be affected by the red thirst.. for some reason:P

Archived