Ravenwing Assault Marines

Faithwing

I was thinking multi level hives and space hulks/structures, no room for vehicles and still a large need for going up and down. The galaxy is a BIG place, with lots of small places. :no:

Maybe go for Ravenwing Scouts then ;)

I know a guy who did a RW LS Storm :devil:

And it turned out looking wicked!

OP, show us your creative side, go on, you know you want to...

I was thinking multi level hives and space hulks/structures, no room for vehicles and still a large need for going up and down. The galaxy is a BIG place, with lots of small places. :no:

Maybe go for Ravenwing Scouts then ;)

I know a guy who did a RW LS Storm :devil:

And it turned out looking wicked!

OP, show us your creative side, go on, you know you want to...

You want MORE creative - Capt'n She canne take n'more ;)

Although the Talon has some interesting possibilities - strokes beard whilst deep in thought!

@Haranin - I was thinking the same thing - though I don't think they are instructed to capture the Fallen themselves, just scope it out and call DW support. That said, what would be the point of this 5 man RW sqaud? How would they function any different than a 5 man tactical squad?

So, though they most certainly do get off their bikes at some point - I'm with Semper, making them glorified tactical marines in black adds nothing to the game. Fluff-wise sure, but this isn't always about fluff - someone can make some fan fiction and have RW don scout armor and track a Fallen through a thick jungle where their bikes just can't go...

Hell, Black Library could publish that story (though their would surely be haters) but in the end, if it's too redundant of a unit or in the case of my example, bitting off of Wolf Scouts completely, why have it in the DA army?

And if you think about it - what we are playing is a battle (either by itself or part of a large engagement). We aren't playing the scouting game and you can assume the RW have already done that job before the battle begins. For all we know another few squads of RW are off tracking that Fallen while you are causing a diversion by assaulting his lackeys.

Maybe make a RW "tactical" squad and play kill team matches with them. That would be more on par with how they may operate outside of a battle (if they need to leave their bikes).

Just a quick observation: a five man RW Sqd can have 1XHW & 2XSW's. Lets go even more radical and dis-mount the entire 10 man Sqd = 2XHW's, 2X SW's. Hmmm, just a thought. Now of course their would need to be one or two left behind to guard the vehicles, but an eight man force with two Plasma Guns and two HB's would be nasty in a fire fight.

Well when you put it that way... I was thinking like the 5 guys (3 bikers and 2 guys from the attack bike dismounted) that could use the one HW from the Ab - which is limited to only two options where a tactical squad has more. With some tweak age I suppose it could be interesting. I was really just looking at from our current RW setup.

Archived