DARK VENGEANCE: The Independent Characters

Grotsmasha

Thanks for sharing grotsmasha. I had a feeling the Chaplain wouldn't be push-fit, but to be honest I glued together all the models from AoBR before painting to make sure they stayed in one piece. Except for the Dreadnought's arms, those are removable.

I have issues with push-fit; I know the boxes are aimed at newer players, mostly likely they're going to be younger ones too, so that it's all to do with the ease of getting a force together and ready to play but I feel like there's an unrealistic expectation that it engenders - how many new players might then discover the, relative, complexity of the "true" 40k models and be put off?

Also, I'd just like to point out it's early in the morning and I didn't sleep well so if that rant makes little or no sense, ooops!

I have issues with push-fit; I know the boxes are aimed at newer players, mostly likely they're going to be younger ones too, so that it's all to do with the ease of getting a force together and ready to play but I feel like there's an unrealistic expectation that it engenders - how many new players might then discover the, relative, complexity of the "true" 40k models and be put off?

Also, I'd just like to point out it's early in the morning and I didn't sleep well so if that rant makes little or no sense, ooops!

I understand where you're coming from, but there's a couple of items (Hellbrute, Bikers) that give a better indication of the larger hobby.

Cheers,

Jono

Adults very much underestimate the capabilities of kids (and I use that term loosely, as some people like to apply it to ages 2-17). I tutor grades K-12 and I see this all the time. I am even occasionally guilty of it myself, because, for their age, some kids are quite smart/think very logically. Kids also get lots of practice putting together/solving puzzles, and that is all models really are: three-dimensional puzzles. It is like people don't remember that they were young once themselves, and not so stupid as to not be able to figure out how to build a puzzle or a model. Then again, maybe they were stupid and couldn't figure out how to build a puzzle or model decently enough (unlikely, as most people can figure out where an arm/leg/gun goes, let alone when have moronically simple pictorial instructions showing them where the bits go). Or, nobody ever bought them a model/let them build one, which would be pretty sad. I don't think any n00bs who are actually interested enough in the game to get more models will have much trouble building those other models. Generally speaking, when people are interested in something they will usually learn how to do it as well as they can. Kids are not as stupid, or unmotivated, as people might think.

Archived