DV Company Master as Azrael?

Deschenus Maximus

I noticed that the Company Master's helmet is a separate piece from the rest of his body. I was thinking that since he his armed with a combi-plasma, it would be real easy to use a different head and have the winged helmet being carried by a Watcher (probably based on a nigh gobbo or something) and use the master as Azrael.

What do you think?

That kind of conversion is fine. It even encourages you to do it for successor chapters, and I'm sure no one would mind you doing it for the original Dark Angels chapter. Perhaps, in your fluff, Azrael had previously fallen and been replaced with a new Grand Master. You can make of it what you want.

I would wait a while before doing the conversion, though. Rumour has it that Azrael's model is being replaced when we get our new codex. Don't want to see you convert something for nothing.

While I'm sure the new model will be lovely, it will also be in all likeliness Finecast - which I refuse to use.

DV= Dark Vengeance = new plastic set = no finecast

edit: must agree on the suckage of finecast, however

DV= Dark Vengeance = new plastic set = no finecast

edit: must agree on the suckage of finecast, however

I assume he was referring to Turnbull's post about Azrael becoming a finecast (with a new mold?).

I see a lot of hate towards finecast... which, according to the stuff I read is not that surprising. Oddly enough at the FLGS no one seems to have had any problems with them, though. Ah well, with my luck I'll have plenty once I start buying them, whenever that is.

To be honest, I thought the exact same thing with Balthasar. If I got a second set, I would use him as Azrael. I really love the model, and if he was not perfect for my pre-heresy commander, then he would be my SGM.

That said, I still really like the current Azzy model, and hope they come out with a really nice new one as well.

I noticed that the Company Master's helmet is a separate piece from the rest of his body. I was thinking that since he his armed with a combi-plasma, it would be real easy to use a different head and have the winged helmet being carried by a Watcher (probably based on a nigh gobbo or something) and use the master as Azrael.

What do you think?

I think thats an excellent idea. The sword is long enough to be the impressive one Azraek has. Thanks for the idea :P

Edit: Any suggestion on who/what to use for a watcher in the dark? Apart from night goblins off course...

Archived