Omega Marines

ravenguard2010

Hi all,

Quick update on the Tactical Squad for my Omegas. Not a huge one I'm afraid but the odd update like this will help keep me focused. I'm on the tactical sergeant at the moment -

gallery_55821_7662_178882.jpg

He's about half done, but you can get the general idea about how the model is coming together. However I'm undecided about how to paint the power weapon at the moment. There are loads of cool ways to paint a power weapon, a quick google reveals a whole host of them, but I'm still not sure which type is going to suit the gritty 'grim dark' type of effect I'm going for with this army. I'm a big fan of OCL, but probably should get more experience of it under my belt before I potentially ruin this guy!

You hate painting faces, yet you paint them better than I do... What kind of logic is that? :jaw:

The update is definitely appreciated and I'd like to ask you if you minded if I painted up a few Astartes in Omega Marine colours to see how I like it? I mean you're the one who got me inspired and I'd hate myself if you felt like I was trying to steal your ideas or something like that (yes, I've seen it happen, which is why I'm asking first, just to make sure :jaw:).

Cheers,

Ludovic

You hate painting faces, yet you paint them better than I do... What kind of logic is that? :P

It seems I might actually have finally got the hang of them. I've stopped trying to paint the eyes in, that's the difference, as I've rarely pulled that off convincingly.. Think I'll let the inks do the work for me from now on, and leave teeny tiny pupils etc to the pros.

The update is definitely appreciated and I'd like to ask you if you minded if I painted up a few Astartes in Omega Marine colours to see how I like it? I mean you're the one who got me inspired and I'd hate myself if you felt like I was trying to steal your ideas or something like that (yes, I've seen it happen, which is why I'm asking first, just to make sure :blink:).

Cheers,

Ludovic

Not at all mate, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and all that!! :) But yes, by all means. It would be good to see more takes on them because examples of other people's attempts at Omega Marines are pretty thin on the ground online.

Cheers guys.

Rob

It seems I might actually have finally got the hang of them. I've stopped trying to paint the eyes in, that's the difference, as I've rarely pulled that off convincingly.. Think I'll let the inks do the work for me from now on, and leave teeny tiny pupils etc to the pros.

Well it definitely looks good :devil: And how do you paint your faces then?

And I thank you for accepting my request, much appreciated! It could be a while before I get to paint again, but the project is slowly forming :)

Cheers,

Ludovic

Archived