Where to go from Dark Vengance?

darnarth lysander

no, that would give me 3 unwanted HQ's,and i don't want to have the same models again,they may be good looking, but they arn't that good.

Ebay. At least for the chaplain...

since the chaplian is going to be released later this year,I think not,as well a what i sadi in my previous post.

keep the suggestions coming!

hello once again Y'all!

this is the final post as i have school tommorow morning (1st day back :( NOOOOOO!!!! )

just wanted to say i have made my decision...

what i will get;

1. 5 sniper scouts

2. Scout sergeant Tellion

3. ageis defence line ( tellion will use it to target flyers and characters)

4.assault termies ( thanks brother-sergeant for that)

5.Land raider (thanks againg B-S)

6New codex,(hopefully it i'll be out by then!)

7.New flyer (same as above)

8.possibly the new predator

thanks for everyone for helping me on my way!

There is no proof that that chappie will be released.

Also what the Brother Sergeant said. Our Scouts are an Elites choice for now and none of the rumors have changed that yet. I'd go for a second tac squad with Missile launcher for the Skyfire option.

... is anyone certain of what the new DA preds gonna be ( I know it's almost definitly plasma but what are the stat mabye?) ...

Changing 'gets hot' would be my bet called something like "masters of Plasma", maybe as simple as any plasma roll of 1 re-rolls!

My numbers stacked against Archangel's - I gave everything Meltas @5pts where possible, also gave Lib Plasma pistol for another 15pts (why not as not showing on model?)

Sod the aesthetics of the DV models, swapping for all those models only roughly paying equivalent of 1 box of Termies... no brainer. Fortunately my son does Chaos so 2 boxes it was; but how much am I now hoping that Helbrute is unique in new codex :woot:

I assume you are running it as C: SM then?

Scouts cannot be taken as troops. Nor do we have a special scout character. Hence why I advised the 2nd Tactical Squad.

sorry,more explaination should have been given.

Tellion would be a "counts as" model.

I am aware that scouts are elites,as I have already said in a previous post,I have already got a second tactical squad.

@ Brother-Dean cannot remember where the thread is,but a store owner said that they would be released later this year,as well as the fact that it is the only non-pushfit model in DV indicating this.

I assume you are running it as C: SM then?

Scouts cannot be taken as troops. Nor do we have a special scout character. Hence why I advised the 2nd Tactical Squad.

sorry,more explaination should have been given.

Tellion would be a "counts as" model.

I am aware that scouts are elites,as I have already said in a previous post,I have already got a second tactical squad.

@ Brother-Dean cannot remember where the thread is,but a store owner said that they would be released later this year,as well as the fact that it is the only non-pushfit model in DV indicating this.

Ahhh, sorry, I missed the earlier post ;)

Sounds good to me! Though others might tell you scouts are sub-par. Regardless, I have hopes for them to get better in the new dex!

I have bought a limited edition DV box and I made a deal for an additional set of Tactical, Ravenwing and Deathwing unit from the starter set. Now patiently waiting for the new codex I decided to buy the DA veterans, the DA upgrade pack and a Ravenwing battleforce to boost my little DA army. While the combination of the different wings is intresting my plan is to go full Deathwing with some sort of AA missile or flyers for my tournament list. Now If only the DA codex would be out anything soon.

Still I am seriously thinking that some proper Land Raider or another heavy support unit would be a great upgrade.

From 2 DV boxes worth of DAs I now have 1500 points of:

Co Master

Lib (with PlasPistol)

2x Deathwing Terminator squads

2x Tactical Squads

1x 6-bike Ravenwing attack squad, inc 2 plasmas, 1 Chainsword, 2 BPs and Serg with PlasPistol & Powerlance

(Grenades etc where possible).

My 2000 point plan is to add:

2 Razorbacks with twin LasCannons, pintle bolter & HK Missile for both tactical squads (2*100) = bit of heavy fire

Attack bike with mmelta to Ravenwing attack squad (+50)

Use existing 3 Speeders for Ravenwing support squad, 2 mmelta options (+230) = bit more heavy fire

May compromise to find enough for Aegis defence lines with quad gun (100 points) if likely to be against flyers.

(All of which rather neatly fits into a single KR multicase case worth of foam!)

Fairly futureproof core base of army there. Waiting for new codex before doing any more, i.e. see what flyer and other new toys may be on offer...

Archived