Comments invited on the Path to Redemption Event

The Shadow Guard

Comment:

It is impossible to "lock-up" Shadow Guard. He is so twisted, he bumps into himself when he turns a corner.

Question:

I notice that some on the forums already have the banner, but some (like myself) do not. What gives? Is there a schedule to get the banners applied to accounts, or is it more like "we get to it when we can, please be patient"?

To answer the question:

You need to put the banner on yourself.

The easy way is to copy it from someone elses signature and insert it into your own.

Right mouse click on the image

Click on "copy image location"

Paste this into your signature area in your user Account.

Works for me ;)

Oooor,

make a quick "quote" reply, copy the code from the quoted text, close the reply without posting and copy the code to your sig.

I'm happy to see this event catching on! It seems a lot of people, me included, have some tidying up to do... ;)

I'm happy to see this event catching on! It seems a lot of people, me included, have some tidying up to do... ;)

Like you wouldn't believe. Perhaps this is the time to do that 'my whole collection photo' I've been thinking of...

One thing I would like to see regarding the event - separate subfoum for all the topics with WIPs/finished vows. Otherwise we will have 95% of our general DA forum full of them again, and it would be hard to find topics not related to the event.

Just my $0.02.

Wouldn't any WIP be in PC&A's Work in Progress section? Not to clutter things there, but that's what it's there for.

I hate to tell "I told you so", but we already have a number of WIP topics in DA forum instead of PC&A one.

I don't want to be an :P , but could some friendly mod move them where they are supposed to be?

One thing I would like to see regarding the event - separate subfoum for all the topics with WIPs/finished vows. Otherwise we will have 95% of our general DA forum full of them again, and it would be hard to find topics not related to the event.

Just my $0.02.

Wouldn't any WIP be in PC&A's Work in Progress section? Not to clutter things there, but that's what it's there for.

I hate to tell "I told you so", but we already have a number of WIP topics in DA forum instead of PC&A one.

I don't want to be an :P , but could some friendly mod move them where they are supposed to be?

I don't think it's up to the "friendly mods" to move topics from the DA forum to the PCA ones, as the topics are relevant to both forums, hence the posters preference overrides. It really is entirely up to the poster to decide which audience he/she wishes to display their topics. I for one, very rarely venture outside the DA forum hence would likely miss anything in the PCA unless someoneelse directed me there.

Is there a particular issue with clutter in the DA forum with this event that was not seen in any of the previous ones such as the LPC 2011, LPC 2012 and the ETL 2012?

Of the 21 posts in the first page only 5 are seperate PtR related WIP posts apart from the two PtR main threads.... the rest are all related to DV and other stuff.... Am i missing something here?

SG

I don't have any notes from previous painting events, but I remember it was like 5 of the 21 were non-WIP posts. It made finding something other than painting posts very hard and annoying.

I know those WIP are also DA-related, that's why I suggested separate subforum here in DA section.

We do have "Dark Angel Army Lists" redirection in our subforum for DA lists, why not do something similar with DA paining?

I don't have any notes from previous painting events, but I remember it was like 5 of the 21 were non-WIP posts. It made finding something other than painting posts very hard and annoying.

I know those WIP are also DA-related, that's why I suggested separate subforum here in DA section.

We do have "Dark Angel Army Lists" redirection in our subforum for DA lists, why not do something similar with DA paining?

Because painting has every right to be in the main DA forum as other topics that interest you. Alternatively we could have a subforum about rules, another about tactics, another about background and another about painting so that you are not annoyed. How does this sound?

Dark Angels army lists is a regular fixture and is not going away. The painting contest is just a temporary fixture and will see variable affluence... In one week you can see 10 WIP threads, the next week you can only see 1 or 2 such threads, so it will not warrant a separate subforum. Also you can expand your pageview to let's say 30 threads per page, so that the quantity of WIP threads won't be so much in the way of your site navigation.

You guys are bullies ;)

Just wait until a new dex arrives, there'll be heaps less rumour/wishlist/painting threads for a while, then there will be rules and gripes about rules from everyone! Haha

Stobz

This is why I make the ultimate sacrifice of building and painting at a snail's pace. Otherwise I would have three companies built by now along with several picture intensive threads.

I would build faster if it weren't for my devotion to keeping the DA forum clearer.

As any Fallen would say, "That's my story and I'm sticking to it!" ;)

• 1 month later...
I would like to enter, using the DA minis from Dark Vengeance, but I don't have a DA Codex (not buying the current one if another one is most likely to up soon), So I don't have access to points. Does points costs matter that much?

http://www.thedarkfortress.co.uk/tech_repo...geance-list.htm I got my points values from here.

@ The Shadow Guard: I've recently acquired a large-scale SM, 140mm, and would like to vow him for PtR November, but he doesn't technically fit into any of the criteria....is there anything to be done?

I'd say price him like a Titan. <_< Can't help you on picking which kind, though. I've never used them myself.

It's a good idea to motivate people - don't force them to do too much but reward them for what they do. I really need to finish my present army to replace that horrid old thing you have up on the fortress from years ago.

@ The Shadow Guard: I've recently acquired a large-scale SM, 140mm, and would like to vow him for PtR November, but he doesn't technically fit into any of the criteria....is there anything to be done?

Cheers,

Jono

You would need to keep to the minimal requirements of the contest which is that it is a Codex/BL/FW legal unit. I'm happy to make an exception about the size but a single marine is not a codex entry...so he will need to be a character... or make him a terrain piece? in full colour of course :cuss

I enjoy the event, but as there are rumours of new things coming out I, like some others, might stop so as to not build and paint units that might become obselete: e.g. Deathwing/Ravenwing.

I hope you continue.... there are things you can paint and participate in the contest that will be immune to codex changes... tactical squads, tanks, terrains pieces (preferably with a Dark Angel bent to it) and objective markers....

It's a good idea to motivate people - don't force them to do too much but reward them for what they do. I really need to finish my present army to replace that horrid old thing you have up on the fortress from years ago.

Hope you will participate in November and also back earn your Sep and oct pearls! :P

SG

Cheers,

Jono

You would need to keep to the minimal requirements of the contest which is that it is a Codex/BL/FW legal unit. I'm happy to make an exception about the size but a single marine is not a codex entry...so he will need to be a character... or make him a terrain piece? in full colour of course :whoops:

SG

I've decided to leave it a month, model him as Company Master and vow him then, might to Belial this month.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived