Scouts and 6th Edition

appiah4

For all of 80 points, 5 scouts armed with a meltabomb can infiltrate, scout move, then assault an expensive enemy armor in the rear with 4 krak grenades and 1 melta bomb.. They will then continue to be a pain in the neck until dealt with, probably delaying enemy movement..

Am I missing something or are scouts just awesome in 6th Edition?

You can wait out of sight and then charge. So long as your opponent didn't put you back in sight. I'm messing around with ideas to make outflanking work again for assault units.

I'm not sure you'll get that to work.

• Page 38, infiltrate says, "A unit that deploys using these rules cannot charge in the first turn".
  • Page 40, outflank says, "...unit arrives from reserves...".
  • Page 125, Arriving from Reserves says, "Unless stated otherwise, a unit cannot charge, or use any abilities or special rules that must be used at the start of the turn, in the turn it arrives from reserves".
  • Page 41, Scout says, "A unit that makes a Scout redeployment cannot charge in the first turn".

I just don't see how you make a first turn charge unless the two armies just make normal deployment too close to eachother.

Thoughts?

Edit: winning the war with my auto speller thing, one edit at a time, brothers!

I never said I was trying to make a first turn charge work, but rather just trying to find ways to keep them alive long enough to make a charge the next turn. But I should have made that clearer.

I never said I was trying to make a first turn charge work, but rather just trying to find ways to keep them alive long enough to make a charge the next turn. But I should have made that clearer.

This was my intent as well and I think most people would underestimate them.

Q: The rulebook states "A unit that makes a Scout redeployment

cannot charge in the first turn." Does this mean that if your

opponent has the first turn and you go second, your Scouting unit

can charge? (p41)

A: Yes.

New BRB FAQ

I noticed this as well; that means a first turn charge is possible if your opponent goes first.

Archived