DA PtR: Archangel's Path to Redemption

Ordo Machinum

PROLOGUE

The Dark Angels are at it again! The Shadow Guard has begun the PATH TO REDEMPTION challenge.

It is a six month long event set up in six separate segments, each a month long. It is primarily for those Dark Angel builders who failed vows given in other challenges or did not vow as much as they had hoped to. It is a gentle incentive to complete any half done Dark Angel projects.

It was an offer I couldn't refuse.

CHAPTER ONE: SEPTEMBER'S OATH

Ordinarily, I'm more of a Fallen Angel than a Dark Angel, but the challenge is only for the DA and their codex-using successors. I could do Fallen, but without some decent pre-heresy/Forgeworld models it just wouldn't be proper. To get in the full spirit, I decided to do Deathwing. Now I've seen many beautiful Deathwing armies and I suspect with the release of "Dark Vengeance" there will be more of them. I want to do something a little bit different.

There was a time, in the annals of DA history, the Deathwing's armour was not all white. Before the ol' "Space Hulk: Deathwing" supplement told of the Deathwing's beginnings, their armour was black:

gallery_8429_7480_3479.jpg

So, with the above picture for inspiration, I shall be building a pre-Deathwing squad. Who knows, maybe I can fit them into a Fallen army somewhere in the future, or maybe I'll use them to create a DA successor.

I have Dark Vengeance on order, so I'd love to use those models because they look a little older in style with the pre-heresy bolts on the armour and power fists. Either them, or I'll have to get digging into my pile of model bitz.

gallery_8429_7480_35464.jpg

Either way, the clock is ticking and the fun begins now!

Just got one of my two Ltd Ed DV boxes yesterday. GW says both were delivered, but eventually acknowledged tracking weight was only enough for one DV box. Grrr! They don't know how it happened and are getting another shipped out.

All models are very nice. Still playing around with mixing parts for some variation. My weekend schedule only allowed me time to play with the bases.

gallery_8429_7664_43652.jpg

More to come when I get some paint by next weekend.

[Edit: Sorry about the pic quality, best I could do. Yes, I hacked up a rhino frame - the top center base is actually the inside grid floor only the details aren't sharp enough in the pic.]

Archived