New to Painting

Boss_Hogg

I just got the Dark Vengeance set and have started the game. I wanted to post a pic of the terminator I painted and see if anybody has any suggestions for any improvments. I have been watching videos and reading about how to paint properly. Any help is much appreciated.

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/gravin12/276D6053-27BA-4F77-AB16-C1ADAD209C95-1138-000000D3BA0E5EB6.jpg

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s264/gravin12/7E3452A1-A319-49BC-8DAE-B816F0533B30-1138-000000D3CAD95B9B.jpg

Welcome - looks like you are on to good start

There are many here who are much much better than i am and can offer great advice, but the two best tips i can give you are:

1. Thin your paint with a little water. It will help it flow easier and won't look too thick on the model

2. Read the tutorials on here, its a goldmine of information

Good luck :P

P.S. - If you can afford it, the new Citadel 'How to paint miniatures' flip book is actually very good and is beginner friendly

Looking good for a first try, I'm sure you have a bright future in this hobby :)

On the thinning note, a paint thinner (which I believe GW also does now) would be better than water as it destroys the suspension liquid in the paint and the paint will be weakened because of it. It's a bit more expensive than water, but it's worth it for thinning paints. An alternative is windex or similar products but they are tricky as they need very little to dilute, but the strongest asset of it is that it eliminates the surface suspension that water will give, so it's great to paint with :)

Your model looks very tidy, it's hard to tell from the blurry photo but it seems like you have a steady hand which is really a great asset as a painter so focus on getting smooth layers of paint and keep it tidy and you'll get a great looking army.

Archived