Night Lord Raptors and Lord

Magnus Thane

I was wondering if it was a good idea to mix and match Chaos Space Marine bitz and Assault Marines to emulate Raptors. I presume the Devastator kit comes with the same options as Raptors?

I also use the Night Lord hero with a devastator backpack to emulate a Lord with jetpack as i really don't like the offical assault pack Lord miniature (the weird 'anker chain' is odd)

Is a Lord with a power fist a horrible idea though? Or useful?

Also I was thinking of fielding him with 10 Raptors, making them an 'elite bunch' (using the upgrade kit)

Can they perform in assault? Or are they as useless as some claim?

The assault marine kit fits in fine with chaos raptors, except you don't get any special weapons. Personally I don't like the combo that much because no matter how much you convert them, those giant blocky jump packs just scream "Loyalists!". Thats just personal opinion there. Also, outside of a terminator lord with the MoT, i think powerfists are a fairly poor choice for a Lord. Undivided daemon weapons are AP 2 now if thats what you were after, otherwise there's the nurgle daemon weapon for the extra toughness AND crazy poisoned attacks.

I think in 6th, with re-rollable charge range and impact hits (or whatever) Raptors are actually quite effective. I mean they're no Khorne berzerkers (or death company for that matter) despite costing the same points, but they're fast and relatively choppy.

Archived