Tactical Dreadnought Nipples

I've thought about doing this a few times but I feel it's not really worth it. You want them to be using their AP2 weapons on AP2 armour, which is most likely Terminators. Terminators either have power fists or thunderhammers. Sanguinary Guard don't have invulnerable saves like Terminators do (unless you're lucky enough to have the psychic power that grants +4 invulnerable save on a selected target) so your all power fist SG will get brutalised by Terminators.

If you truly wish to dish out some AP2 hurt I suggest going with plasma pistols. My all-plasma pistol SG have been very successful in the past. With an all-plasmagun Honour Guard in close support they end being the most painfully annoying unit-duo at my local GS. I've even been asked to run different lists for fun games.

or, alternatively all infernus pistols. you stand no chance of killing yourself, it's instant death to pallies and the like, and will kill vehicles like a champ.

also makes overwatch funny as well:)

Not so sure about that since there's a good chance a majority of them will be out of range.

A general mix of wargear would be your best bet depending on what you want to accomplish with them. 2 Infernus are great with Dante and precision strike, 1-2 fist should be enough for veichles. You never want to fight terminator's with SG so 5 powerfists would be kinda overkill.

Some might argue Dante is overpriced, but he is sure fun to play with :P

I've thought about doing this a few times but I feel it's not really worth it. You want them to be using their AP2 weapons on AP2 armour, which is most likely Terminators. Terminators either have power fists or thunderhammers. Sanguinary Guard don't have invulnerable saves like Terminators do (unless you're lucky enough to have the psychic power that grants +4 invulnerable save on a selected target) so your all power fist SG will get brutalised by Terminators.

If you truly wish to dish out some AP2 hurt I suggest going with plasma pistols. My all-plasma pistol SG have been very successful in the past. With an all-plasmagun Honour Guard in close support they end being the most painfully annoying unit-duo at my local GS. I've even been asked to run different lists for fun games.

Do you find a SP making any real difference here? Ive been thinking of a very similar set-up but with a priest running nearby (bike/jp or LR) and DS the lot of them for castled up gaurd - which i face a fair bit.

SG with fists (and presumably a banner) are 55 points per model. That is one juicy target! I suspect that you will lose at least 1 SG to shooting before they get into combat. You might as well drop 1 PF to be that first bullet catcher. If I was going PF heavy, I'd probably have 2 bullet catchers so I could make sure my formations wouldn't look like conga lines.

Archived