BA Sanguinary Guard List (Please Help)

Fearlis

Hey there. First off I'm going to apologize profusely. I've sifted through pages and pages of lists and topics, but haven't found what I'm looking for as of yet.

I'm new to table top games and warhammer in general, but I've taken a liking to the Blood Angels after reading some of the novels. I would like to put together a Blood Angel list that is sort of an "all in one" list. I don't need it to dominate by any means, as I'm not overly competitive, but I'd also prefer to not lose every single game I play.

The only stipulation I have is that I'd like to field Sanguinary Guard. Most of the lists I see seem to stray away from using them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Again, I'd just like some help either constructing a list or some pointers).

Sanguinary Guard are an excellent choice! Just be certain that you play to their strength--- they are best used in an aggressive role, since their 2+ save is best close combat obviously. While I wouldn't use more than 1 Unit of SangGuard (because only 1 can take a banner) they can still be excellent choices when taking more than 1. They pair the best when used alongside Regular Assault Squads (RAS), so if you take 2 SangGuard then take 2 RAS to support each other.

This thread may also help: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=259490 Note the math-hammer is to be read with a grain of salt, since Standard Deviation can skew results away from one direction or the other. Math is a tool for consideration, but by no means the only thing to think about.

Personally I love Sang Guard.

Always take Dante (if you want Sang Guard, might as well make them Troops).

Sanguinary Guard are great, I tend to use 2. I keep them cheap, 1 unit with the banner and 1-2 upgrades, the other no upgrades at all.

10 man assault squads (for bodies and meltaguns), attack bikes, Storm Ravens or Devs all make great additions to Sang Guard lists.

sanguinary guard....they are one the reasons I started blood angels.

They are very good in this addition, with a powerful save. Go for one unit in most armies with the chapter banner, two at the most, and as mentioned above, use dante. You could also make a whole army of sanguinary guard with dante which is fun and fluffy, and fairly competitve these days, with stormraven support.

So you could go for a more vanilla BA list with just 5 sang guard with chapter banner, and anything else you'd like, or a more dedicated "nipplewing" army as we call it with dante, and several sqauds of sang guard. I'd suggest though always taking one or two standard assault marine sqauds as they are better against some things.

The only problem with sang guard is that I rate them as good assault troops, not excellent. Terminators get that rating, and sang guard cost as much as they do. Assault terminators, paladins w/hammers, chaos terminators even with powerfists and meganobz will beat the golden boys down, despite the fact our golden boys cost as much as they do.

So, choosing your combat is the best way to go, using their speed.

Make sure your list has fire support-stormravens, predators and attack bikes are very good choices this way. And don't forget, a couple of infernus pistols per sqaud are always a good idea, and NEVER let your sanguinary guard leave a sanguinary priest bubble of FNP/FC, unless it will win you the game. S5 power weapon attacks are far stronger than S4 attacks !

Archived